Whiners welcome

Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:14 am
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whiners welcome

Originally Posted by newkiwi
seeing as its a whinging thread, things i dont like about nz are:

its isolated
tv is very very bad
banking fees are expensive
houses have no heating
people can be parochial
difficult to form meaningful friendships with kiwis, easier with fellow immigrants (but there are loads of those)
roads are small and windy, takes forever to get anywhere
economy is small and scope for professional development less than say aus or uk
elections every three years so 2/3rd of the time nothing happens, as politicians jockey for votes prior to election year (no tax cut this year, lets wait and see if we need a white rabbit out of the hat next year if were behind in the polls)

but by far the worst of this place
NZ IDOL .....arrrgggghhh

but there are loads of positives, and looking at the list its not so bad if thats the worse you can say about a place.

TV is crap!!! I love those ultra bad 1950 style adverts! Another thing I hate are the "celebrity" estate agents with HUGE billboards everywhere. NZ IDOL? The worst ever.

I don't watch tv anymore. I wait for DVD TV series. I dunno if TV is such a big deal...I guess it is when its winter and nothing to do.....

Another pet hate of mine is when the media latch on to a kiwi, somewhere succeeding at something (no matter how trivial) and make a HUGE deal of it.

It's like they have to constantly remind us how great being a kiwi is......
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:18 am
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Budowsky
TV is crap!!! I love those ultra bad 1950 style adverts! Another thing I hate are the "celebrity" estate agents with HUGE billboards everywhere. NZ IDOL? The worst ever.

I don't watch tv anymore. I wait for DVD TV series. I dunno if TV is such a big deal...I guess it is when its winter and nothing to do.....

Another pet hate of mine is when the media latch on to a kiwi, somewhere succeeding at something (no matter how trivial) and make a HUGE deal of it.

It's like they have to constantly remind us how great being a kiwi is......
Another thing I don't like is the KIWI inability to take the piss out of themselves and laugh at themselves - which the brits are great at. It's like they are afraid to show weakness or something.

Another thing I hate is when you open the door for someone and they just barge past without thanking you, when you let someone into your lane when driving and they don't thank you, and when you buy something in a shop and they don't say thank you.

good manners don't cost nothing do they?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:20 am
Banned

Another thing I don't like is the KIWI inability to take the piss out of themselves and laugh at themselves - which the brits are great at. It's like they are afraid to show weakness or something.

Another thing I hate is when you open the door for someone and they just barge past without thanking you, when you let someone into your lane when driving and they don't thank you, and when you buy something in a shop and they don't say thank you.

good manners don't cost nothing do they?

I must just be a moaning pommie bastard.....

I also don't like that I can't talk about things I grew up with and talk about. Stuff like Grange hill, Harry enfield, Liverpool football team, the list is endless. That's why most of my mates are brits - common heritage.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:23 am
Banned

I must just be a moaning pommie bastard.....

I also don't like that I can't talk about things I grew up with and talk about. Stuff like Grange hill, Harry enfield, Liverpool football team, the list is endless. That's why most of my mates are brits - common heritage.

I also hate the number 9 wire philosophy. So called kiwi ingenuity. Erm I better stop. It seems there is shitload I could whinge about.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Budowsky...I like and agree with many of your comparrissons, nice to see good and bad side by side...
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:19 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I also hate the number 9 wire philosophy. So called kiwi ingenuity. Erm I better stop. It seems there is shitload I could whinge about.
Lol you were on a bit of a roll there weren't you
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sky
Lol you were on a bit of a roll there weren't you

Easy to do. Must stay positive, must stay positive.....
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:27 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Easy to do. Must stay positive, must stay positive.....
Yis a lot of it is state of mind isn't it also being here so long you start to forget stuff and can't make those comparrisons anymore.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sky
Yis a lot of it is state of mind isn't it also being here so long you start to forget stuff and can't make those comparrisons anymore.
Yeah. Im not quite a brit anymore and not quite a kiwi. Im sort of in between.

If I could only take everything I like about both countries and start a new one...
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:38 am
sky
Banned

Yeah. Im not quite a brit anymore and not quite a kiwi. Im sort of in between.

If I could only take everything I like about both countries and start a new one...
Well if you find a spare island doing nothing let me know, the best from both countries would make an awsome place to live.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt0157
OK. Let rip. What are the downs to emigrating to NZ. What don't you like? Want to come back? Why?

How easy is it to get a job?

Exchanging driving licence? Easy?

Signing up to a doctor?

Getting car insurance? How expensive?

Getting credit cards? Do banks whine about local credit history?

Qualifications recognized by Government/employers?

Phone service good? Broadband availability?

K.
Doctor, easy, D/Licence, easy, Banks easy..all utilities easy, car insurance..you will pay in dollars what you paid in pounds. Re cold houses all you have to do is get C Heating. I think NZ is a great place..all I would whine about is the poor driving and crappy sausages. Apart from that (been here 18 months) the quality of our lives has risen immensly. We live in a house that we could never afford in the UK (and its a warm, modern one!!) we live in a really nice neighbourhood..could not afford to in the UK..the kids have so much to do..where we came from there was nothing, we have beaches on our doorstep..in the UK we only saw the beach twice a year, the foods great, people are friendly and the country is beautiful and uncrowded (we are 600ks from Auckland!!). Much as I miss folk and stuff about the UK..there ain't no going back. And all this positivity from the family that live in allegedly the most boring city in the southern hemisphere!!!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:50 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

I just hate people who get the No8 wire thing wrong!

Nowt else though to mention.....

Oh yes.........I hate it when your wife falls over in the street and breaks her arm and has to take 6 weeks off work. Would never happen in blighty!

Bah!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy

Oh yes.........I hate it when your wife falls over in the street and breaks her arm and has to take 6 weeks off work. Would never happen in blighty!

Bah!
Well, I have something to whinge about. I probably wouldnt have a bun in the oven if I was still back in blighty!!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:00 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Well, I have something to whinge about. I probably wouldnt have a bun in the oven if I was still back in blighty!!
All that fresh air eh?

Mmmmm alfresco nooky.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
All that fresh air eh?

Mmmmm alfresco nooky.

LOL....

I wouldnt have even thought about having another bub back in UK. I'm getting too old for a start!!

Oooooh, can you imagine having nooky on the beaches here.... lol.... sand in all kinds of places and sandfly bites could be MOST painful!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.