Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

wheres summer???????

wheres summer???????

Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

wimsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down wheres summer???????

We are In chch and its not very nice today, Is this what summer is like over here then???? I have been really looking forward to summer but so far it has been a huge let down, please tell me it gets better!!!

Oh and can anyone tell me which airlines fly to Chch from the UK as my Dad is coming over In Jan but the prices are about a grand, any cheapo airlines like Iraq Air...lol???

Oh and this isnt Wimsy,im logged into her account to ask these questions.

Thanking you!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: wheres summer???????

Originally Posted by wimsy
We are In chch and its not very nice today, Is this what summer is like over here then???? I have been really looking forward to summer but so far it has been a huge let down, please tell me it gets better!!!

Oh and can anyone tell me which airlines fly to Chch from the UK as my Dad is coming over In Jan but the prices are about a grand, any cheapo airlines like Iraq Air...lol???

Oh and this isnt Wimsy,im logged into her account to ask these questions.

Thanking you!!!!!!!!!!
Summers in Oz!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

I thought we'd had some pretty decent weather for the last few weeks.
Big highs sitting over the country. Not usually so settled in December.
There's a huge drought in some parts of NZ, the worst in 20 years.

You didn't think NZ and Australia had a similar climate did you? (some Brits do)

Kip
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

We have had a few great weeks...during the week but every weekend has been wet! This week since Tuesday has been very wet...but we know the summer here is not like Oz (thankfully) and it does tend to pick up really well Jan/Feb...but December is often wet...especially in Northland.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Haven't had rain for weeks in the Lower NI.
Watering my garden every day

Kip
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
but we know the summer here is not like Oz (thankfully)
yer I do miss having 4 seasons..............not.
Just got to put up with 21 in the winter and around 28-31 in the summer.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
and Australians!!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
and Australians!!
TBH There ok.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Summer is here up in Nelson Wimsys daughter/son/other half. Nelson and Tasman are at the top end of South Island.

We have hot days, blue skies & brown grass. There has been little rain but that usually comes later on , December time.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:42 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Summers in Auckland are pretty unreliable up until Feb/March time, then it gets a lot more settled.

The weather was one of the (many) reasons why we decided to move to Oz, we walked home last night around 10pm and it was still warm and sultry ..... bliss!!!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:43 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

TBH There ok.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:27 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

The sun is shining up here in Marlborough too.

Just come back from walking the dog on the beach in t-shirt. The Metservice reckon that we are 18 and rain here!!! How wrong are they

However if we get a downfall it would be very gratefully received. We are days away from water restrictions been introduced here; last months rainfall was 7.6mm and this month to date is a big fat 0
Old Dec 8th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

You must be loving Oz...after all you seem to spend such a lot of time on the NZ site!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phil01
You must be loving Oz...after all you seem to spend such a lot of time on the NZ site!
Old habits mate

Anyway the forums for British ex pats, does'nt matter which bit you post in.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

It has been a fantastic day in Auckland today! I am smug sitting on my deck, reminding myself that it is december, when usually I would have been freezing my backside off in London!! No complaints here (well aside from the high humidity the other day......)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.