Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where would you choose to go...?

Where would you choose to go...?

Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:26 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default Where would you choose to go...?

If I knew how to do it (help someone!) i'd put a poll on here like the one about "where are you going?" but "where would you choose to go?" as it strikes me that sometimes the choice is taken away - I can only see myslef getting job in AKL but would choose Hawke's Bay...
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where would you choose to go...?

Originally Posted by sniffydog
If I knew how to do it (help someone!) i'd put a poll on here like the one about "where are you going?" but "where would you choose to go?" as it strikes me that sometimes the choice is taken away - I can only see myslef getting job in AKL but would choose Hawke's Bay...
I would still choose to go to Wellington. Unfortunately we may still end up in Auckland. I have an extremely strong preference for the capital, though.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:58 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

coz?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:06 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

coz?
More cafe society, more culture, more interesting geography, lots of gov't departments (the software I work on is popular with governments), more of a community feel, cheaper houses. etc. etc.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:06 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

We've chosen the Bay of Plenty for the lifestyle and climate. Me and 2 youngest kids happy with beach lifestyle, eldest daughter wants Auckland and the city life (read:Shops) she's 14; hubby & 11 nearly 12 year old want rural, isolated, live off the land, horses etc, etc! So initially we figured try there and work inland or upwards depending on how we find it! Basically we had to choose somewhere, not dictated to by jobs as such.

So we've chosen there, but may not be were we end up.

Last edited by Am Loolah; Feb 20th 2007 at 8:07 pm. Reason: Forgot to conclude!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:07 pm
Top Dog

does that mean your rich enough not to work - or you can get jobs anywhere?!!!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:16 pm

does that mean your rich enough not to work - or you can get jobs anywhere?!!!

How very intrusive??!!

It actually means we are sooo unskilled we will be looking to be Employee of the Month in Pac 'N' Save - well that's my aspiration. Think Hubby quite fancies being a gigalo (sp) but not sure we wouldn't end up owing money to the clients rather than the clients paying him any!!

No seriously, we will be looking for average, everyday employment as Hubby's a Kiwi and I have PR. So we are very lucky in that respect. On the down side we do have a large family to support?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:18 pm
Top Dog

i'm a deputy headteacher so looking for teaching job (serious downscale in salary £60k to $60k - and think i may have better chance in AKL....
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:28 pm

i'm a deputy headteacher so looking for teaching job (serious downscale in salary £60k to $60k - and think i may have better chance in AKL....
Have you looked into jobs there? A colleague of mine's sister is a Deputy Head (I think) too and has just got her Visa and is also going to Auckland. I believe she has a job lined up but could be wrong. Do you want me to find out how/who she used? Or are you pretty much sorted?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:31 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

If money was no object, we'd choose Northlands esp Whangarei & up the East Coast.

Fantastic scenery,good all year round climate ( generally) nice atmosphere an even less people than Blenheim for now it's a dream but our aim is that's where we see out our days
Attached Thumbnails Where would you choose to go...?-dscn0823.jpg  
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:31 pm
Top Dog

That would be great thanks - have had positive noises from recruitment agency about finding a Vice-Princip. job in AKL but not sure whether that is just them trying to hook me in....

very kind. thank you.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:33 pm

That would be great thanks - have had positive noises from recruitment agency about finding a Vice-Princip. job in AKL but not sure whether that is just them trying to hook me in....

very kind. thank you.
No probs, I'll ask on Thursday and PM you.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

I am not so sure... there are a number of smaller rural schools that have difficulty filling vacancies and often there is a monetary allowance made for living in a more rural place. That said I am sure there are plenty of vacancies in South Auckland

It depends on what you (and your family?) like, whether you have an OH that needs a career job, and what sort of lifestyle you are after.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:34 pm
Top Dog

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
If money was no object, we'd choose Northlands esp Whangarei & up the East Coast.

Fantastic scenery,good all year round climate ( generally) nice atmosphere an even less people than Blenheim for now it's a dream but our aim is that's where we see out our days
does that mean you're off to blenheim as a way in to nz?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

We loved Paihia (sp?) and so sunny and warm? And I think quite near Pixie-Dust so I'd have a fellow Fairy to play with?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.