Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Korea??

Where to stay in Korea??

Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

nelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the rough
Default Where to stay in Korea??

Hi everyone, we are stopping off in Seoul on the way back to UK where shall we stay?
Any one had any good or bad experiences there?
Any info appreciated!
Thanks
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to stay in Korea??

Originally Posted by nelsonchick
Hi everyone, we are stopping off in Seoul on the way back to UK where shall we stay?
Any info appreciated!
Thanks
an overnight in korea on the way back? maybe you are put up in the hyatt regency beside the airport with a breakfast included?

my best UK friend who visited Seoul (for 3 days) last year and stayed in The Shilla Hotels & Resorts - not Hyatt regency though, he said the customer service was great, excellent facilities & nice foods, room service exceptionally good - I am not sure but that's what I've heard from him

I've never been to In-Choen Airport therefore I don't know where's hotels or where to stay near by. I also need some advice as I have no idea - latest infomation about the country????

I am stopping off in Seoul (for 3 weeks) in June. I am going to visit 63 Building & Nam San Tower to take a cable car in Seoul. they have various tropical fishes in a glass tank in 63 building. last time I was there I was 6 yrs old kid and now I am 30 Nostalgia??? so excited!

Does Anyone have any idea about Korean Air? Korean Air stewardess bitch?!

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 10th 2008 at 11:56 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:23 am
Just Joined

nelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the roughnelsonchick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by crap coffee
an overnight in korea on the way back? maybe you are put up in the hyatt regency beside the airport with a breakfast included?

my best UK friend who visited Seoul (for 3 days) last year and stayed in The Shilla Hotels & Resorts - not Hyatt regency though, he said the customer service was great, excellent facilities & nice foods, room service exceptionally good - I am not sure but that's what I've heard from him

I've never been to In-Choen Airport therefore I don't know where's hotels or where to stay near by. I also need some advice as I have no idea - latest infomation about the country????

I am stopping off in Seoul (for 3 weeks) in June. I am going to visit 63 Building & Nam San Tower to take a cable car in Seoul. they have various tropical fishes in a glass tank in 63 building. last time I was there I was 6 yrs old kid and now I am 30 Nostalgia??? so excited!

Does Anyone have any idea about Korean Air? Korean Air stewardess bitch?!
Hi yeah we have an over night stay on the way there, but the airline deals with that so am not bothered too much but we are staying 3 nights on the way back, and need to book somewhere.
Well be there July, so let me know if you find anything worth reccomending after your trip in june.
We do need to book hotels soon tho,
The fishes sound cool,
Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi yeah we have an over night stay on the way there, but the airline deals with that so am not bothered too much but we are staying 3 nights on the way back, and need to book somewhere.
Well be there July, so let me know if you find anything worth reccomending after your trip in june.
We do need to book hotels soon tho,
The fishes sound cool,
Thanks
if you need any help - PM me
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Any info appreciated!
Thanks
Depends on how much you want to pay. try Asiahotels.com (or Google Seoul Hotels) and see what is on offer - read the comments also as they often provide useful advice (but not always). FInd the one you want - and its probably best to be in the central area - and then try booking direct with them as it is often cheaper. We stayed in the Sejong which was nice but not cheap - it is also at the end of one of the bus services from the airport so its easy to get there and back to the airport. But the Princes across the road is supposed to be good also.

It is well worth stopping in Seoul - its a very interesting city with lots to see - especially the palaces and gates. The metro is easy to use - I would avoid the day trip ticket for the bus which doesn't really show you a lot - just provides stopping points where you can get to the palaces etc. The metro is probably a better bet. No real problems with language - managed to find our way around and get fed without too much difficulty - everybody was very helpful.

Chris