Where NEXT..?

Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:30 am
Just Joined

MacD91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where NEXT..?

Hello Too yous all.

Well after being in the British army for 8 years and then Norway and now Germany with my wife and kid (6 Months) . Who is German. i do not really like living here(Germany) and she dose not really want to live in Scotland ( bad weather) . I'm looking for a new home.... i have decided that it has to be a English speaking country that has good weather and a fairly good standard of living. (JOB) Well after i left the army i worked in different jobs working in Bars , Painting and some building work. but nothing i have really as a moving trade So Ive booked myself to do a plumbing and solar heating course ( £6500 ) that says it will give me the qualification needed to be a plumber. http://www.met-uk.com/MET%20Courses/...vel%202%20%203) So my plan is this..... i will do the course and then get a job as a plumber for 1 to 2 years to give me some experience and then move. Have you got any good advice where would be a good place to look for a new start. Maybe something to do with the course or how long i would need experience before i would be excepted for the working visa. Thanks for your time reading this.. Keith .
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:08 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where NEXT..?

Originally Posted by MacD91
Hello Too yous all.

Well after being in the British army for 8 years and then Norway and now Germany with my wife and kid (6 Months) . Who is German. i do not really like living here(Germany) and she dose not really want to live in Scotland ( bad weather) . I'm looking for a new home.... i have decided that it has to be a English speaking country that has good weather and a fairly good standard of living. (JOB) Well after i left the army i worked in different jobs working in Bars , Painting and some building work. but nothing i have really as a moving trade So Ive booked myself to do a plumbing and solar heating course ( £6500 ) that says it will give me the qualification needed to be a plumber. http://www.met-uk.com/MET%20Courses/...vel%202%20%203) So my plan is this..... i will do the course and then get a job as a plumber for 1 to 2 years to give me some experience and then move. Have you got any good advice where would be a good place to look for a new start. Maybe something to do with the course or how long i would need experience before i would be excepted for the working visa. Thanks for your time reading this.. Keith .

Hi Keith

If you do a quick search on here there is absolutely loads of info for plumbers and quals required to enter NZ with. BEVShere is the lady you want, she knows about plumbing ............
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:28 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

My brother is married to a German woman and they live in the Nelson region. There seem to be plenty of Germans and other European immigrants around there.

Bevshere also lives in that area and can advise on the plumbing situation too...
Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MacD91
Hello Too yous all.

Ive booked myself to do a plumbing and solar heating course ( £6500 ) that says it will give me the qualification needed to be a plumber. So my plan is this..... i will do the course and then get a job as a plumber for 1 to 2 years to give me some experience and then move..
Hello to youz too.

Tell me more about this course and the exact qualifications & levels you will come out with. I'll then tell you what level plumber your UK course will get you here in NZ & what extra will be required of you to work in the trade .

What I am hoping to read is a C&G advanced level 3 with ACS gas or equivalent NVQ.

Once we know what you will achieve with this course, I will be better able to advise you .

My husband is a 4 yr UK apprenticed time served master plumber with a C&G advanced level; 8 ACS modules in both reticulated and lpg bottled gaswork plus an acredited UK solar course. He has worked in the trade for over 30 years. We came out to NZ three years ago and now have a fine, warm life in the Nelson and Bays area. He is currently an NZ registered plumber, hoping to gain gas registration and looking to gain craftsman level.

As Southerner states, it's quite a multi-cultural society where we live . Our village has a great community spirit. The school here is a huge mix of all nationalities. We have wonderful national parks, beaches, lakes and a ski field. The weather is sorta similar to Southern Italy. Maybe warmer in summer and frostier in the Winter. Lovely sunny days though, year round .

You will have no problem finding work in the plumbing trade here in New Zealand, we just need to be a bit careful that you are fully aware of what will be involved once you are here & that you know what training you need to complete in the UK to avoid hiccups here.

I'll look out for your post.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:04 am
Just Joined

MacD91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the Reply , My wife prefers New Zeland over the other 3 Options of interest. Well as far as i see the qualifications are .

Plumbing & Solar Heating Engineer (Level 2 & 3)
Level 2 Qualifications Achieved
City & Guilds (6089) NVQ Level 2: Plumbing
City & Guilds (6129) Plumbing Technical Certificate
CORGI Site Safety Card

Level 3 Qualifications Achieved

BPEC (Level 3) Solar Domestic Hot Water Heating Systems
BPEC (Level 3) Energy Efficiency - Part L of the Building Regulations (2005)
BPEC (Level 3) Unvented Hot Water
BPEC (Level 3) Water Regulations

Here is the link to the course thanks for you help .

http://www.met-uk.com/MET%20Courses/...vel%202%20%203)

Last edited by MacD91; Aug 9th 2007 at 9:06 am. Reason: Forgot the link >:P