Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

WHERE TO LIVE IN NZ??? HELP!!!

WHERE TO LIVE IN NZ??? HELP!!!

Old May 8th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of
Default Re: WHERE TO LIVE IN NZ??? HELP!!!

Originally Posted by Buz10
Nice one stef. Marching on Together!!

do they play much football?? im gonna miss playing when i move and wondered if there are local teams about??
You would be pleasantly suprised how big football is here! Don't get me wrong when I say big I don't mean by English standards but there are local teams everywhere I have been, I am sure you will have a few to pick from in the bigger cities (Timaru is quite small) and premiership football is always on the TV and radio here. There is even a section on it in the Timaru Herald sometimes;

We are Leeds, We are Leeds, We are Leeds....

Oh and I have to tell you, one of our friends here has a very special numberplate...it reads LUFC and he won't sell it to me!!!!:curse: LOL
Old May 8th 2008, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Buz10 is an unknown quantity at this point

You've made my day!! what a relief!!!

I posted on the sports locker room thread and they just said 'learn how to play rugby' or cricket agghh!!!

I'm no egg chaser or jumper wearer!!

Will you be able to see the playoffs?? its May 12th 1st leg at elland road, if we get to wembley im sure that'll be on.

Think im heading to south island..they've heard of football there too havent they???
Old May 8th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

You've made my day!! what a relief!!!

I posted on the sports locker room thread and they just said 'learn how to play rugby' or cricket agghh!!!

I'm no egg chaser or jumper wearer!!

Will you be able to see the playoffs?? its May 12th 1st leg at elland road, if we get to wembley im sure that'll be on.

Think im heading to south island..they've heard of football there too havent they???
LOL...I live on the South Island so yes they have don't worry! If your heading to Christchurch drop us a line, we are 2 hours south!

Rugby and cricket are the main sports but football is starting to become big here!

I have to speak with my friend about watching the game as we don't have sky so we can't watch footie here but we can go to his house! I NEED to watch it! The last game I went to (and cried) was Huddersfield in December last year. I waited unti the end when they told me to leave. My last time at Elland Road for a while. Sob
Old May 8th 2008, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Buz10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh thank GOD!!!!

I'm sure the Mrs will be over the moon!
would be great to see a friendly Leeds face (if such a thing exists)!!??

I'm out Aug/Sept time job permitting will miss E.R though but as long as i can catch a game every now and then that will be good enough for me!!

Have a good one!!

GARY MAC'S BARMY ARMY!!

YOUR GOING HOME IN A YORKSHIRE AMBULANCE!!!!
Old May 8th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Shirl,

Thank you so much for that brilliant info. i'm sold. Do you mind if I ask you a few more questions privately just about renting and housing etc. I only know of one website and thats allrealestate.co.nz don't know if this is the best one?

Thanks so much for the links

Buz
No I don't mind ask away, pm me if you like.