Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where to live in NZ?

Where to live in NZ?

Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

cornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura about
Default Where to live in NZ?

We live at present in Hamilton but would like to hear from other people around NZ.

My husband is a plumber and we would like a country life within 30 mins of a main town.

Any ideas please
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:04 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where to live in NZ?

Originally Posted by cornerofsilence
We live at present in Hamilton but would like to hear from other people around NZ.

My husband is a plumber and we would like a country life within 30 mins of a main town.

Any ideas please
We live 20 mins of Hamilton, nr. cambridge and have a nice country sort of life. Have you thought of moving near cambridge? It's a nice town. Or maybe you are 'over' the Waikato area? Could have done with a good plumber in the last few months - renovating our house! :-)
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

How about fabulous Rotorua?

Gill
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

cornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mumomonty
We live 20 mins of Hamilton, nr. cambridge and have a nice country sort of life. Have you thought of moving near cambridge? It's a nice town. Or maybe you are 'over' the Waikato area? Could have done with a good plumber in the last few months - renovating our house! :-)

We moved from Cambridge to Hamilton for work.

Cambridge is very nice.

regards

Susan
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
How about fabulous Rotorua?

Gill
We like to visit but the smell is a bit of an issue although I bet you get used to it.

SUsan
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:49 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

We like to visit but the smell is a bit of an issue although I bet you get used to it.

SUsan

Smell??????
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:50 am
Member of Mumo-land

We moved from Cambridge to Hamilton for work.

Cambridge is very nice.

regards

Susan

Oh sorry you mean't Rotorua (doh).

My OH commutes to Auckland. We hated the place.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Hi

I'm from the UK. Is Cambridge NZ near Te Awamutu at all?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Hi

Yes it is not far. I am not sure of the KM but it takes me about 15-20 mins.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:41 am
Member of Mumo-land

Hi

Hi Sue, where are you in the UK then?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

SUsan
We live on the west side of town, no smell where we live. In fact there are only a few areas where you can smell the sulphur and to be honest, we like the smell !!! It reminds us we are home when we drive in to the town from the east side.

Smell aside, Rotorua is a great place to live.

Gill
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Hi Mumomonty

We live in the east midlands part of the Uk.

Suze
Old Jul 24th 2005, 11:02 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

This is gonna sound awfully cruel, but one of the first things we did when we first umming and ahhing about a move to NZ way buy a decent wall map. They're great, you can look at them and see how far somewhere is from somewhere else.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
We live on the west side of town, no smell where we live. In fact there are only a few areas where you can smell the sulphur and to be honest, we like the smell !!! It reminds us we are home when we drive in to the town from the east side.

Smell aside, Rotorua is a great place to live.

Gill
We live here too and Rotorua is a FAB place to live. We thought about moving recently but just couldn't think of anywhere else we would rather live at the moment - so much to do and within driving distcance to the places we would want to go. Nope - we are staying here - till we leave I can't even noticethe smell anymore - and I like it??? (Praps I am very weird)
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:46 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Biddy
This is gonna sound awfully cruel, but one of the first things we did when we first umming and ahhing about a move to NZ way buy a decent wall map. They're great, you can look at them and see how far somewhere is from somewhere else.
Silly question ....but i am going to ask it anyway...where did you get a map of such good detail?

Cheers Biddy