Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where has everyone else considered (as well as NZ)

Where has everyone else considered (as well as NZ)

Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:10 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where has everyone else considered (as well as NZ)

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
Yep there sure is. If you are over 45 they will not even entertain the idea of allowing you in even if you were in a profession they were desperate for. We spoke to them at the Emigrate event earlier this year at Sandown. They were actually quite blunt and rude. They just don't deserve me - the flamin' mongrels!!

Regards
Wot about if you are KIWI citizen
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:16 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Wot about if you are KIWI citizen
I thought that if you had a Kiwi passport, you can live in Oz no worries... dunno though Paul.. haven't a clue really I'll go now.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lenmil
We left Christchurch and stopped off in Canada (Edmonton/Lloydminster) for 2 weeks. It was cold and snow every place, but. We were warm, yes warm. What i mean is that the average Kiwi house has no insulation at all. When its cold and snows (It does snow) you will really feel it. If the houses were built to Canadian standards then they would be great, but alas most arn't. Goods seemed cheaper in Canada too as well as more choice. still if i were rich i would live in both countries.

I have tried Anchorage but no visa, almost Victoria, job fell through and ended up in NZ and now back in the UK. As for you trapped in the house part, well its similar in NZ. The sun is VERY dangerous there and you have to be very careful. Its can get very hot too, i saw a bird in the garden struggling to just get up as it could not fly due to the heat. But there is a good outdoors life there, just make sure you get plenty of money otherwise you WILL struggle.
I have read so much about the lack of insulation in homes in New Zealand and have wondered what it is like inside. You see today we have a very nice sunny day here in Niagara Falls. There is almost no breeze and it is 14C. We have the windows open as we are cleaning up and Vicki was baking. It was 23C in the house and too warm for me. I keep wondering how cold could it be in the New Zealand houses even without insulation since it may only be around freezing at night and 8 or so in the day time. I suppose we will find out.

Our children have very fair skin. They all have nice red highlights in their hair. Jeffery has quite a compliment of freckles and gets very crispy. We lather him up before he goes out. One of our girls, Arianna 6 - has the most beautiful blue eyes and lovely white skin. Gillianne is 4 brown eyes but fair too. Vicki keeps them coated in sun screen.

We don't have a truck load of money, but expect that we will do OK. I am a Chartered Accountant and won't make as much initially in NZ as I make now. However, if Vicki makes $1000 a month we will be just fine as we should have a reasonable amount to save each month. I am budgeting on $1400 per week once we get there.

Off to the shops, check in on you guys later.

Michael
Old Nov 12th 2005, 4:32 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

I also considered the MOON.....but i heard there is no ATMOSPHERE!

I thank you