Where to go

Old Nov 16th 2014, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to go

If you have the choice then Napier would get my vote, however it is somewhat isolated geographically. There are some quite nice places I believe outside of Wellington.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had a bad experience of Wellington. Always enjoy the rare office visits

However, if you are a fan of golf - GO TO NAPIER!! Reason, head south past Te Awaunga (or something similar) and there is a place called Cape Kidnappers, home to one of the best golf courses in the world. I think it's number 36 in the top 100 worldwide. It's my dream to one day take the clubs up and play there - targeting the old mans 60th if he comes over here

I've got a friend in Hamilton and his words are - commute from somewhere between Auckland. I don't think he's a fan of the place
Old Nov 16th 2014, 8:35 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Wellington is great. Well, Wellington town centre IMHO. Browsing it at leisure with time on my hands, great. I understand living and working there or commuting from the greater Wellington area is a different prospect entirely.

Last Wednesday I was in Wellington for the day. I took the train from Palmerston North - I got the once daily service which left at 6.15am.

Anyway, I looked around the banking museum at the offices of the Bank of New Zealand which was free, I went on a public tour of the government buildings which was free, I saw St Paul's Church and St Paul's old church - free entry as you would expect. I finished the day with a look at Catherine Mansfield's house. There's a statue of her at 'Midland Park' which is on Lambton Quay. It's a lawn area in front of offices with benches and a fountain. Popular with workers on their lunch breaks.

The return train left on time at 5.15pm. It made it back to Wellington in time after being used for an excursion for cruise ship passengers that day !
Old Nov 20th 2014, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Polly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to behold

SplitOz, glad you like Napier, we hope to be there early next year,I agree, the place has a great feel and the weather is great.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Having just returned from the UK a couple of days ago I would say settle anywhere as even the worst bits
of nz are far far nicer the what I found back in blighty
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Polly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to behold

Really justcol! Its good to know your happy with NZ, love Cambridge too, boy the house prices are high, almost at Wellington level, my husband has you neck of the woods on his hit list for location, I have to be convinced about the amenities in the area though!
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 12:47 am
Just Joined

SplitOz is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say Justcol, I agree NZ has lifestyle down pat! We visited Cambridge a couple of months ago en route to Auckland and thought it was a gem! So many fab towns, so little time ...
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 1:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Having just returned from the UK a couple of days ago I would say settle anywhere as even the worst bits
of nz are far far nicer the what I found back in blighty
You obviously did not visit many places then......and what you did must have been pretty rough to be worse than a lot of NZ.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 3:03 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
You obviously did not visit many places then......and what you did must have been pretty rough to be worse than a lot of NZ.
Do you have some evidence for that statement?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 3:14 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Do you have some evidence for that statement?
Do you have any for the alternative?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polly 3
I have to be convinced about the amenities in the area though!
What amenities are you unsure about, maybe I could put your mind at rest
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

I was only there for a week but saw many of my old haunts in and around the north west.
The change in those places, the people and their attitudes since my last visit 2 years ago was obvious to see.
I'm not in the habit of hanging around rough places but if you like over crowed roads, angry drivers, angry pedestrians,
people all busy trying to be somewhere else that is far more important than where they are, nobody talking to anyone else,
roads and streets lined with parked cars so to drive down them involves driving 50 yards, pulling over to let some one through,
driving another 50 yards then waiting while some one pulls over to let you through..ad infinitum, then yes I guess I did

but enough of that nonsense back to the topic

Last edited by Justcol; Nov 23rd 2014 at 3:40 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 3:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Justcol
I was only there for a week but saw many of my old haunts in and around the north west.
The change in those places, the people and their attitudes since my last visit 2 years ago was obvious to see
Strange how i never see such changes isn't it?

....and I have never seen anywhere in NZ which would be an improvement on where I lived in the Peak district or where any of my family live.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 4:12 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Strange how i never see such changes isn't it?

....and I have never seen anywhere in NZ which would be an improvement on where I lived in the Peak district or where any of my family live.
Should have gone to Specsavers
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 4:14 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Should have gone to Specsavers
To get rose tinted glasses like yours?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.