Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's your tipple?

What's your tipple?

Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:03 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Smile What's your tipple?

Hello ladies and gentleman

I thought being an advocate for alcohol, I'd start a thread enquring as to everyone's favourite bevarage. Fortunatly, in theme with this being a New Zealand site, my favourites are kiwi. My favourite beer is Speights Old Dark (no, I'm not a 60 year old man) and I love red wine from the Hawkes Bay region, Esk Valley being a particular favourite.

So join me as I pay a special tribute to all things alcohol...

Nikki
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:11 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your tipple?

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Hello ladies and gentleman

I thought being an advocate for alcohol, I'd start a thread enquring as to everyone's favourite bevarage. Fortunatly, in theme with this being a New Zealand site, my favourites are kiwi. My favourite beer is Speights Old Dark (no, I'm not a 60 year old man) and I love red wine from the Hawkes Bay region, Esk Valley being a particular favourite.

So join me as I pay a special tribute to all things alcohol...

Nikki
I have a mistress. She's from Leuven, Belgium. Quite slender with a lovely red and gold necklace and a white cap and her name is..........
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

jayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to alljayne333 is a name known to all

Hi

Im a recovering alcoholic, so my favourite tipple was anything with alcohol in it .

Best wishes

Jayne
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:28 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Does a recovering alcoholic get better at being an alcoholic?
If so, I think I'm better now.

Favourite, Bailey's.
Usual, Kronenbourg top
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:35 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayne333
Hi

Im a recovering alcoholic, so my favourite tipple was anything with alcohol in it .

Best wishes

Jayne
I had a year out. I had a little problem

But Im now back on it and WILL have to give up again soon. After Christmas
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:39 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
I had a year out. I had a little problem

But Im now back on it and WILL have to give up again soon. After Christmas
I have red wine pretty much every night. Just a glass or two. It's good for the heart.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:32 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jayne333]Hi

I don't think I would ever like to recover :scared:
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:33 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by Maz
I have red wine pretty much every night. Just a glass or two. It's good for the heart.
There's a huge article in the Daily Telegraph about why wine and chocolate are good for you. I didn't bother to read the rest, that was good enough for me!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:05 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

There's a huge article in the Daily Telegraph about why wine and chocolate are good for you. I didn't bother to read the rest, that was good enough for me!
LOL! Well wine still has about 95 calories a glass, and I'm sure choccy is a lot higher still than that. Red wine is set apart from all other alcohols as it both raises good cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol. All other alcohol does only one of those. I just can't remember which, d'oh!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

my brother in law is a speights old dark fan, he fell in love with it when they came 10 yrs ago to NZ, am taking him some as his 40th birthday pressie when we meet them in oz after christmas

me I am a bit partial to strongbow cider, also a tequila fan (alone or in a margarita will do)
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:42 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by Maz
LOL! Well wine still has about 95 calories a glass, and I'm sure choccy is a lot higher still than that. Red wine is set apart from all other alcohols as it both raises good cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol. All other alcohol does only one of those. I just can't remember which, d'oh!
And it prevents deep vein thrombosis (a good reason to keep drinking it because of the flights to and from the UK), and choccie does the same I think, but I think it has be dark chocolate, apparantly anything other than that is evil, but I like to think that milk chocolate is provides my recommended daily allowance of calcium!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:44 pm
Sweeeeet!

Thumbs up Re: What's your tipple?

Originally Posted by kwprwn
my brother in law is a speights old dark fan, he fell in love with it when they came 10 yrs ago to NZ, am taking him some as his 40th birthday pressie when we meet them in oz after christmas

me I am a bit partial to strongbow cider, also a tequila fan (alone or in a margarita will do)
He's a good man! Old Dark you can eat with knife and fork and get all your nutrients, its like a proper dinner!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Has to be NZ Sauvignon Blanc, however, I'm also partial to a G&T or three. Like to have the odd blue lagoon.
OMG, can't believe that I forgot to put champagne as my absolute fave tipple
It's my job that drives me to drink. Honest.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Littletoe]There's a huge article in the Daily Telegraph about why wine and chocolate are good for you. I didn't bother to read the rest, that was good enough for me![/QU

Chocolate is also a good source of iron (the darker the better ). That's what I tell all my postnatal mum's. I usually try & order them a bottle of bubbly & fillet steak from their partners( to be waiting at home) before they are discharged. I AM a top midwife!!!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=AnnieNell]
There's a huge article in the Daily Telegraph about why wine and chocolate are good for you. I didn't bother to read the rest, that was good enough for me![/QU

Chocolate is also a good source of iron (the darker the better ). That's what I tell all my postnatal mum's. I usually try & order them a bottle of bubbly & fillet steak from their partners( to be waiting at home) before they are discharged. I AM a top midwife!!!!!!
You sure are! In my experience with a midwife here, husbands listen to them! I didn't have a tumble dryer and it rained for a few days after my daughter was born in Jan 2005, when she visited I was having a moan about not being able to get the washing dry. She was shocked to hear I didn't have a tumble dryer, so she shouted at Shane, who was in another room, 'get this woman a bloody dryer' in her brummy accent! And the next day he did!!

My favourite would be Longridge Sauvingnon, G&T, Tia Maria and coke, vanilla vodka and splash of lemonade and a shandy on a really hot day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.