Reload this Page >

Whats the one thing about NZ

Whats the one thing about NZ

Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Whats the one thing about NZ

Originally Posted by kiwigeordie
My old Dad, now long gone, was a great bird watcher (or 'twitcher'). He would have loved to see some of the varieties we have here - especially the Tui, Rosellas and Fantails.
Pete
You got Rosellas ?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:49 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Recently back from BOI and we saw a Rosella wow magic sight
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

I'd probably plump for Cathedral Cove. I'm not sure if it's fully 'open' these days - I heard the arch was closed... but if it is still visit-able, it is quite something. Of it's kind, the nicest. Sums NZ up for me.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:27 am
`

1856? Where was she originally .
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
You got Rosellas ?
Yep. We have a 'Tree in a Hurry' (Virgilia Oroboides) in the garden which carries great bunches of pink blossom in the spring and the Rosellas flock into it and rip the blooms apart to get the seeds inside. A small price to pay.
Pete

Last edited by kiwigeordie; Nov 21st 2013 at 9:16 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

Bevs in answer to your question.

The lady was Matilda Younge (nee Sweetland) who was married at 16 & came to New Zealand with her army officer husband. She came from Greenwich in South London. She wrote regularly of her life here eventually returning several years later as a widow with 7 surviving children.

She was my great great grandmother. I think I've got the amount of greats right.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 4:29 am
`

Originally Posted by Vikkichic
Bevs in answer to your question.

The lady was Matilda Younge (nee Sweetland) who was married at 16 & came to New Zealand with her army officer husband. She came from Greenwich in South London. She wrote regularly of her life here eventually returning several years later as a widow with 7 surviving children.

She was my great great grandmother. I think I've got the amount of greats right.
That's a bit wow for many reasons. Not the widow bit of course.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Simple

Skyline Gondola in Queenstown up to the top and let them admire the views of Lake Wakatipu and the mountains around

Infact the journey down from Christchurch to Queenstown across Tekapo, Pukaki, Twizel and then through Lindis Pass to Cromwell. Either that way or across Arthurs Pass and down to Haast and Wanaka.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

My best friend knows most of NZ pretty well but I would love her to see my drive to and from work. It's a 15 minute drive with views over the most amazing valleys and an incredible view of the sea on my way home. I often get to see Paradise ducks, hawks, woodpigeons, and Lorikeets as I drive along too. Never enjoyed a journey to work so much in my life!