Whatdya miss

Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:22 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of
Default Whatdya miss

After my last thread went down so well I thought I would give it another go.

Soooo, is there anything from the UK that you miss or for those not here yet, think you will miss. Not talking 'bout family & friends here as am sure thats a given for most of us.

I will start:

Being able to get on a plane and getting over to Europe for Thirty quid,
A really good curry - if anyone knows where to get one, please let me know.
Golden Wonder Cheese & Onion crisps (not 100% sure if they still do them) - the ones in the green packet,
Walkers Cheese & Onion crisps,
Toffee crisps,
A decent sausage (those ready cooked ones yuch ),
Jonathan Ross (not joking),
Paul Merton,
Marks & Sparks,
Boots sandwiches - especially the egg & bacon one.

Oh dear its all food! Not that the food is no good here, its great but if any of that lot could make their way over this way then I would be even happier, sigh!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whatdya miss

Tescos!!! lol How sad do I sound?!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:26 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazal

Soooo, is there anything from the UK that you miss or for those not here yet, think you will miss. Not talking 'bout family & friends here as am sure thats a given for most of us.

I will start:

Golden Wonder Cheese & Onion crisps (not 100% sure if they still do them) - the ones in the green packet,
Toffee crisps,
Paul Merton,
Marks & Sparks,

Oh dear its all food! Not that the food is no good here, its great but if any of that lot could make their way over this way then I would be even happier, sigh!

Bl**dy Sausages again!!!!

I'm gonna start a campaign to ban the word
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I forgot to say I miss..........

........proper Lincolnshire sausages...... hehe
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:30 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Oh I forgot to say I miss..........

........proper Lincolnshire sausages...... hehe

Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:30 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

You must admit though, they are incredibly awful - and I didnt use the dreaded word
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

You must admit though, they are incredibly awful - and I didnt use the dreaded word
SAUSAGES ..... ooops sorry......... I lived in south Lincolnshire and got me snags from a butcher who won loads of awards for them..... oh they were good!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

I asked a Kiwi colleague to recommend an edible sausage - he came up with Tegel chicken sausages. We have found them to be perfectly adequate! I recomended them to Donna f - I would like to hear what she has to say?
Also, Pac n Save do a duck bratwurst - in our house it has become 'duckwurst'. Also good
I really miss 'Youngs' chinese curry powder.
I want some Kaoline & Morphine as I get an upset stomach (3 bottles please, thank-you!)
I have been told I am really easily pleased (!) but there are very few things I really miss.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

I miss Angel Delight so my mum sends me some now and again.... she also sends me Birds Instant Custard Powder and some Dream Topping. I once said I missed Fray Bentos pies so she sent me one in the post!! lol.. I have to be careful what I say I miss as she just sends it to me.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:47 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

I will start:

Toffee crisps,
Paul Merton,
Marks & Sparks,

You tried a visit to the UK shops here? You can get a lot of the brands, for me - a Double Decker ! Not sure if you will get a cheap flight to Eu. Maybe try the Takapuna flea market for that
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:53 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whatdya miss- A pint of Grolsch on tap PLEASE

Not many places you can get Grolsch on-tap. I remember a bar in Earlscourt, The Blackbird. They had Grolsch on tap.

I know it's not a Brit beer but is a top pint for me
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Whatdya miss

I will start:

Toffee crisps,
Paul Merton,
Marks & Sparks,

My List

Pasturised Milk, could only find homoginised milk whilst i was there...
The Sun Newspaper (great comic)
English Chocolate
Black Pudding
QI with Stephen Fry

Can't think of anything else
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:57 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whatdya miss- A pint of Grolsch on tap PLEASE

Originally Posted by Campbells
Not many places you can get Grolsch on-tap. I remember a bar in Earlscourt, The Blackbird. They had Grolsch on tap.

I know it's not a Brit beer but is a top pint for me
Grolsch:
Homer Simpson type drool!
Completely at a tangent Mr (assumption?) Campbell: where in Scotland do you originate from?
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Heinz Tomato Soup
Proper Crisps
Pride Park (Derby County FC - Doing well now I'm not there)
British Sky TV
My Senegal Parrot (yo-yo) had to leave him behind
& yes ............... Sausages, if you're not here yet' you'll understand when you get here

Last edited by mickey_d; Mar 14th 2007 at 11:25 am.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:00 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Central heating

A good documentary

Chicken korma

My best mate

M&S knickers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.