Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What is this tree called?

What is this tree called?

Old May 5th 2006, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is this tree called?

Originally Posted by mumomonty
I love those.
Does anyone know if you can grow frangipani in the North Island?
PS Sarah, I'm going to Waihi Beach with the horses tomorrow. 2 hrs of fun in the (sun????) Oh well, it'll still be fun!

Hmmm, don't know about growing it - but it sounds good enough to eat!
Old May 6th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

I love those.
PS Sarah, I'm going to Waihi Beach with the horses tomorrow. 2 hrs of fun in the (sun????) Oh well, it'll still be fun!
My Mother-in-law has a frangipani in a pot at her home in Waipu (Northland).. so far it is still alive .
Old May 7th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I love those.
Did you get to Waihi mumo?? I managed to ride yesterday and we paddled in the sea.... today we rode round the mangroves and up the cliffs through the pine trees..... it was gorgeous weather too.... perfect!
Old May 8th 2006, 4:41 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
Did you get to Waihi mumo?? I managed to ride yesterday and we paddled in the sea.... today we rode round the mangroves and up the cliffs through the pine trees..... it was gorgeous weather too.... perfect!
Yes we did go. It was excellent weather too.
On the way back (can't remember name of the place but between Te Aroha/Paeroa on way back towards Hamilton, it kept reminding me of the outskirts of Peterborough when you go towards Ramsey. I mention it because you're from that part of the world. It was really flat!
Old May 8th 2006, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we did go. It was excellent weather too.
On the way back (can't remember name of the place but between Te Aroha/Paeroa on way back towards Hamilton, it kept reminding me of the outskirts of Peterborough when you go towards Ramsey. I mention it because you're from that part of the world. It was really flat!
Yes it is very flat there.....my dad wondered if it was a huge glacial valley many many years ago.

My house in UK is right on the edge of the fens. I lived in that area all my life.... I used to like it...it has strange kinda beauty all of its own. You can see just flat land for miles and miles in every direction. The fens sinks every year.... not sure by how much but its slowly getting lower and lower.
Old May 8th 2006, 8:07 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
Yes it is very flat there.....my dad wondered if it was a huge glacial valley many many years ago.

My house in UK is right on the edge of the fens. I lived in that area all my life.... I used to like it...it has strange kinda beauty all of its own. You can see just flat land for miles and miles in every direction. The fens sinks every year.... not sure by how much but its slowly getting lower and lower.
My mum lives near Ely so i know what you mean. At the end of the summer when the stubble's not been ploughed in, you can ride and gallop for miles along some of the droves eh? Even though it's flat, it's changing all the time so you see all those changes on the horses don't you? So I'm familiar with the fens. I love Ely. We lived near Saffron Walden/Newmarket/Cambridge. Loved it there too - had a few more hills. I'm lucky cos I don't really miss it anymore.