what now?

Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

welsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the rough
Default what now?

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong places guys, but you are such a friendly bunch, I thought you maybe able to offer words of wisdom.
After having my EOI selected on the 9/11 I finally had a CO come back to me today stating that I will not be invited to apply.
To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

He has taken of 60 points as he is not recognising my experience or Quals, I have now applied to NZQA to try and get the Quals accepted then hopefully all will be ok.

Guess I am just not destined to go.

Good luck to all you guys though.

John
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice
Default Re: what now?

Can you appeal? Otherwise i think you'll have to get a job offer.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

welsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
Can you appeal? Otherwise i think you'll have to get a job offer.
Not sure on the appeal front but will wait until I haear from NZQA(or who ever) and take it from there.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:52 pm

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear that John.

Hope you have luck with getting your qualifications recognized.

We are leaving in 4 weeks so we will keep the Welsh flag flying out there for you until you are successful.

All the best

Taff
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by taffinkent
Sorry to hear that John.

Hope you have luck with getting your qualifications recognized.

We are leaving in 4 weeks so we will keep the Welsh flag flying out there for you until you are successful.

All the best

Taff
Cheers Taff,
Fingers crossed should still be ok, just make sure your able to get the 6 nations out there, Grand Slam Champions again this year!
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:02 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

John - really sorry to hear your news
Did they give any reasons for not recognising your q's/experience?

Have sent some 'cheer up' Karma
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welsh213
Sorry if I have posted in the wrong places guys, but you are such a friendly bunch, I thought you maybe able to offer words of wisdom.
After having my EOI selected on the 9/11 I finally had a CO come back to me today stating that I will not be invited to apply.
To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

He has taken of 60 points as he is not recognising my experience or Quals, I have now applied to NZQA to try and get the Quals accepted then hopefully all will be ok.

Guess I am just not destined to go.

Good luck to all you guys though.

John
Hey John - tough news - as mentioned I would think job offer is the way to go if you can - what's your field?
karma your way
Vicki