Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What is??... and good news too!

What is??... and good news too!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:18 am
turkeytickler

Default Re: What is??... and good news too!

[QUOTE=camelot]
Originally Posted by turkeytickler
my wife's friend stood on a kiwi (accidentally) whilst on a kiwi spotting trip on stewart island..... aparently they have a nasy side :-)...QUOTE]

Blimey what did it do?
kind of poked her in the ankle then scuttled off :-)... let out a funny sort of squeal too - you will have to ask her what that sounded like though!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

camelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=turkeytickler]
Originally Posted by camelot

kind of poked her in the ankle then scuttled off :-)... let out a funny sort of squeal too - you will have to ask her what that sounded like though!
Crikey, just feed it a marmite sandwich and stick a jandal on its foot that will sort the blighter out!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:21 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by SarahB
Well seeing as he somehow managed to climb up over 6ft the other day and ate some of my contraceptive pills..... well you never know!!
jeez - all the oestrogen..... he might start transmogrifying.....

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

jeez - all the oestrogen..... he might start transmogrifying.....
Luckily all but one were the sugar ones....

He's a little bugger.... yeah and if I keep saying that hes going to copy me soon... yesterday we were eating tea out on the deck and he stood up on his chair and I asked him to sit down and he turned round and frowned at me and shouted "sit down"!! He says "crap" now and not sure where hes got that from..
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:31 am
turkeytickler

Luckily all but one were the sugar ones....

He's a little bugger.... yeah and if I keep saying that hes going to copy me soon... yesterday we were eating tea out on the deck and he stood up on his chair and I asked him to sit down and he turned round and frowned at me and shouted "sit down"!! He says "crap" now and not sure where hes got that from..
im trying to teach mine to say "ARSE" but all he can manage at the moment is "WA!" or "GURGLE" followed by throwing up..... still you can live in hope !

My wife doesnt think its healthy.....

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

im trying to teach mine to say "ARSE" but all he can manage at the moment is "WA!" or "GURGLE" followed by throwing up..... still you can live in hope !

My wife doesnt think its healthy.....
I bet she doesnt!! You wait.... you have all this fun to come!! My little darling has just realised hes bigger than the babies at Playgroup now and he goes around snatching their toys and bonking them on the head with whatever hes carrying.... you need eyes on the back of your head.... and as for potty training..... dont even get me started..... arghhhhhh!!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:41 am
turkeytickler

I bet she doesnt!! You wait.... you have all this fun to come!! My little darling has just realised hes bigger than the babies at Playgroup now and he goes around snatching their toys and bonking them on the head with whatever hes carrying.... you need eyes on the back of your head.... and as for potty training..... dont even get me started..... arghhhhhh!!!
:scared:

Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:06 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

In NZ a Jandal is a flip flop...and in Aussie a flip flop is a thong, and in England a thong is a g-string........Hmmmmm, the changing face of a flip flop...
I wear flip flips....(two left feet you know)
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:38 pm
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
I wear flip flips....(two left feet you know)
im still trying to work out the logic of calling a thong a flip flop.....

Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:54 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What is??... and good news too!

Hiya...

Firstly.....Can somebody tell me what a Jandal is and how does it differ to a Sandal ??
Actually, it stands for "Japanese Sandal".

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

camelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant future

im still trying to work out the logic of calling a thong a flip flop.....
In Australia they call flip flops - thongs (not the other way around) If you're in Oz and you ask for a pair of flip flops they'll look at you blankly, but if you ask for a pair of thongs you'll get a pair of flip flops...I dunno why they call 'em that....
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:18 pm
turkeytickler

In Australia they call flip flops - thongs (not the other way around) If you're in Oz and you ask for a pair of flip flops they'll look at you blankly, but if you ask for a pair of thongs you'll get a pair of flip flops...I dunno why they call 'em that....
i had better pull that pair of jandals out of my trousers now.. :scared: