Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What is??... and good news too!

What is??... and good news too!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is??... and good news too!

Hiya...

Firstly.....Can somebody tell me what a Jandal is and how does it differ to a Sandal ?? I just wanna know!!

.... and Ive just found out my parents have booked their flight and will be arriving in Auckland on the 18th of February for 3 whole weeks!!! Yippee Im so excited.

.... and I love this hot weather we are having at the moment!

Cheers

SarahB
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:52 am
turkeytickler

Default Re: What is??... and good news too!

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hiya...

Firstly.....Can somebody tell me what a Jandal is and how does it differ to a Sandal ?? I just wanna know!!

.... and Ive just found out my parents have booked their flight and will be arriving in Auckland on the 18th of February for 3 whole weeks!!! Yippee Im so excited.

.... and I love this hot weather we are having at the moment!

Cheers

SarahB
from what my wife tells me a Jandal is basically a brand name for a sandal - thats it..... my folks coming here in feb too .... good init!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thats boring then... I thought maybe they were something different?? Oh well....

Yep its so cool.... I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to seeing them... I know they miss their grandson (hes their only one).... I hope they like it here in Beachlands
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:59 am
turkeytickler

Oh thats boring then... I thought maybe they were something different?? Oh well....

Yep its so cool.... I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to seeing them... I know they miss their grandson (hes their only one).... I hope they like it here in Beachlands
its one of those things kiwis bang on about as a national icon so you would expect it to be a little more impressive really wouldnt you... but no its a sandal with a name.

Yay your folks come to visit - excellent indeed - my folks get to meet their first (9 week old) grandson in feb (my lil boy :-)) - needless to say its going to be a gooood february!!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

camelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant future

Hiya...

Cheers
SarahB
In NZ a Jandal is a flip flop...and in Aussie a flip flop is a thong, and in England a thong is a g-string........Hmmmmm, the changing face of a flip flop...

Last edited by camelot; Dec 13th 2005 at 9:26 am. Reason: edit
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

camelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
its one of those things kiwis bang on about as a national icon so you would expect it to be a little more impressive really wouldnt you... but no its a sandal with a name.

Ha ha ha, they've elevated the humble flip flop to national icon status together with their blind flightless bird, ha ha ha. Drum roll....Welcome to the land of the Jandal.

Shall we call 'em "Jandals" instead of "kiwis"?

Last edited by camelot; Dec 13th 2005 at 9:05 am. Reason: words
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Yay your folks come to visit - excellent indeed - my folks get to meet their first (9 week old) grandson in feb (my lil boy :-)) - needless to say its going to be a gooood february!!
OK well at least I know now

Thats excellent.... imagine the excitment when they first get to see him!!! My lad has just turned 2 and a real little nightmare .....stroppy.... whingey.... whiney... tantrums..... showing off...... arghhhhh the terrible 2's......
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:05 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by camelot
Ha ha ha, they've elevated the humble flip flop to national icon status together with their blind flightless bird, ha ha ha.

I actually think kiwis are really cool - far more worthy of iconic status than a silly flip flop or a marmite sandwich....

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:06 am
turkeytickler

OK well at least I know now

Thats excellent.... imagine the excitment when they first get to see him!!! My lad has just turned 2 and a real little nightmare .....stroppy.... whingey.... whiney... tantrums..... showing off...... arghhhhh the terrible 2's......
i bet you wouldnt swap him for anything would you?

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

I actually think kiwis are really cool - far more worthy of iconic status than a silly flip flop or a marmite sandwich....
Me too, they're charming...But no where near as tasty as a marmite sandwich or half as useful as a flip flop....
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:13 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by camelot
Me too, they're charming...But no where near as tasty as a marmite sandwich or half as useful as a flip flop....
my wife's friend stood on a kiwi (accidentally) whilst on a kiwi spotting trip on stewart island..... aparently they have a nasy side :-)...

but yes - charming indeed - went to see some in the kiwi house at orana park at the weekend.....

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

i bet you wouldnt swap him for anything would you?
Nope!

I do admit to being a bit frazzled occasionally by the time my OH gets back from work.... some days hes worse than others.... the best thing I can do is keep him busy and keep going out down to the park and the beach. I feel like I'm going a bit insane so Im looking for some part time work but no luck so far
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:14 am
turkeytickler

Nope!

I do admit to being a bit frazzled occasionally by the time my OH gets back from work.... some days hes worse than others.... the best thing I can do is keep him busy and keep going out down to the park and the beach. I feel like I'm going a bit insane so Im looking for some part time work but no luck so far
get busy and make him a playmate

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=turkeytickler]my wife's friend stood on a kiwi (accidentally) whilst on a kiwi spotting trip on stewart island..... aparently they have a nasy side :-)...QUOTE]

Blimey what did it do?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

get busy and make him a playmate
Well seeing as he somehow managed to climb up over 6ft the other day and ate some of my contraceptive pills..... well you never know!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.