Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What do you wished you'd taken to NZ? II

What do you wished you'd taken to NZ? II

Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you wished you'd taken to NZ? II

STREPSILS EXTRA: It's Xtra important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make Sure you Bring Heaps of them from the u.k...

Oz Strepsils Plus isn't as e*f*c*i*e as the u.k one (different ingredients). Trust me, Oz one isn't tasty...

This year I have got 3x Strepsils Xtra from the u.k and it costs NZ$50+

Germolene isn't available in NZ. for instance, Antiseptic Cream WITH LOCAL ANAESTHETIC!!!

UK medicine

Libby
Attached Thumbnails What do you wished you'd taken to NZ? II-strepsils-plus-2.jpg   What do you wished you'd taken to NZ? II-strepsils-extra-bc.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 13th 2007 at 3:14 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:48 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What do you wished you'd taken to NZ? II

I will smuggle a large shipment into the country and stand on the street corners selling to anyone with a hacky cough
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:34 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wimpy
I will smuggle a large shipment into the country and stand on the street corners selling to anyone with a hacky cough
does it contain pseudo-ephedrine, if so then avoid bringing it unless you want the "bend over sir this won't hurt a bit" treatment...........
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:39 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Actually for sore throats then you can try the alternatives:
gargle with soluble/dispersible asprin or take paracetamol - Panol will do (as recommended on www.patient.co.uk at: http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068826/- but not understood by most US pharmacists who declared me not of sound mind when I asked for "soluble asprin" - the only sane one managed to dig out some Alka-Selza for sore throats.......and that's another story)
or
get some Betadine sore throat gargle - its bromine or iodine and will kill off most of the throat bugs pretty quick smart
I am pretty susceptible to bad throats and one or other usually works for me
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

a good idea mate.

Betadine sore throat gargle = YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strepsils, Fisherman's Friend and Vicks Formula = my favourite

I was looking for E45 Cream(350g) as well.:curse: sh*t

L

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 14th 2007 at 1:01 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I'd taken the lead singer of this band! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddT2QmVnJiQ
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:30 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
I wish I'd taken the lead singer of this band! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddT2QmVnJiQ
Can I just pop back to the US and fetch Viggo Mortensen?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:59 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by crap coffee
L
no worries remember you only have to gargle it and its the same stuff as you purify water with when you are off tramping in Africa, etc........
it also can dampen the ardour if you are no looking for cheap contraception.....
the halls throat sweets are much cheaper and they are made in India........I've been through a few packets at the change of the season!
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
a good idea mate.

Strepsils, Fisherman's Friend and Vicks Formula = my favourite

I was looking for E45 Cream(350g) as well.:curse: sh*t

L
E45 turns up occasionally in little chemists in Aus, worth keeping your eyes open. In its absence see if you can get Alpha Keri lotion there - thats an Aussie one which is as good as E45 (and trust me, i'm fussy!!)
Old Dec 16th 2007, 5:44 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Kerrang and scuzz music channels on Sky Tv!!! and some family and friends