Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What do you miss from home?

What do you miss from home?

Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

charlie10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What do you miss from home?

I am wanting to send a parcel to a friend in NZ, what items from the uk should i send that you cant get over there?????
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you miss from home?

Originally Posted by charlie10
I am wanting to send a parcel to a friend in NZ, what items from the uk should i send that you cant get over there?????
£££££
Old Jun 1st 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Not that I would know, from one month's visit, but I thought books seemed expensive compared with the UK. Also proper Heinz Ketchup because Wattie's was too sweet.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:13 pm
Banned

RADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really nice

Originally Posted by littleal
Not that I would know, from one month's visit, but I thought books seemed expensive compared with the UK. Also proper Heinz Ketchup because Wattie's was too sweet.

Watties is owned by Heinz and you can buy the Heinz brand here ,we got some from Pak n Save
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:39 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Excellent point. Books are hideously expensive in New Zealand. Shoes are also way overpriced. A care package made up of shoes and books would be sweet.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm....stuff that is expensive and easy to pack/send would include some electronic stuff too:
flash cards for cameras and the like 2-10x the price here
usb pen drives about 5x the price
rechargable batteries agian about 5x the price

DVD recordings of CBBC/CBBies as the kids programming here is woeful!
decent underwear, kids clothes (except for the school uniforms which are hard waring and better value than the fashion stuff)

kids toys that are hard to get - as I understand the importer of Playmobil and Brio has stopped shipping to NZ (but I could be wrong). However, these are expensive to post!

Food and drink wise - most things *we* want are gettable via the usual outlets (only bought mustard powder so far from an English store and it was available in New World - DOH!) so the odd treat there might be nice if it can be posted and is allowed in by MAF.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:57 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

What I'd like ( if anyones out there!!family)

Books
Bubble Bath ( only seem to be able to find Radox here)
Decent T-Towels
A parcel from Next
Refresher chewy bars

For the kids
Lego
Books
Clarks Shoe shop

For DH NOTHING!!! cos he's easily pleased

Nothing major really I know and if I only had one on the list, it would have to be Clarks
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:06 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
.....Clarks Shoe shop
.....Nothing major really I know and if I only had one on the list, it would have to be Clarks
You can get Clarks for the kids at least from Future Feet at Milford Mall, bought some for the kids the other week - after the big fire there but not in the fire sale
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:09 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
You can get Clarks for the kids at least from Future Feet at Milford Mall, bought some for the kids the other week - after the big fire there but not in the fire sale

Can you post me some down here please then hun????!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

Can you post me some down here please then hun????!!!!!
indeedy - if you can get the measurements we can do that! Milford Mall is not too far away...
here:
http://www.futurefeet.com/futurefeet...XUJ6H/mv_pc/16
do elefantan? and ecco......

Last edited by lardyl; Jun 2nd 2007 at 9:43 am. Reason: more info
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:13 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

What I'd like ...Decent T-Towels
Bought two today from Briscoes at $1.50 each, great quality 100% cotton, double the size of normal ones, by Country Home. Can send some up if you want.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:25 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Bought two today from Briscoes at $1.50 each, great quality 100% cotton, double the size of normal ones, by Country Home. Can send some up if you want.

We've got Briscoes...... probably still open if they've got a sale on ( which is every week!!)

Actually bought some decent ones in New World, 2 for $2.50.

Have you sent off for your fluybuys card yet??

www.flybuys.co.nz

You can have one each, I got shed loads of points already cos we spent a fortune at Noel Leeming and one of the big real estate agents gives you flybuys as well!!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:30 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lardyl
indeedy - if you can get the measurements we can do that! Milford Mall is not too far away...
here:
http://www.futurefeet.com/futurefeet...XUJ6H/mv_pc/16
do elefantan? and ecco......

I think we drove past there when we went to the Zoo!!

That's my biggest problem is getting his feet measured. I took him to that place that has the same name as my DD!!! but they measured length but not width!!! and he goes between a F & G!!!! I'll look on trademe & see if I can buy a foot measure!!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:32 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. Didn't know about fly buys. Thanks for link - will register
Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:10 am
you dewty owld maan!

I think we drove past there when we went to the Zoo!!

That's my biggest problem is getting his feet measured. I took him to that place that has the same name as my DD!!! but they measured length but not width!!! and he goes between a F & G!!!! I'll look on trademe & see if I can buy a foot measure!!
Off to Milford to Future Feet today - if you need some shoes and can get measured let me know and I will pop in there again sometime soon, LL Will check out what is there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.