Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What do you do for pleasure!!!

What do you do for pleasure!!!

Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face What do you do for pleasure!!!

I can imagine from this heading I will get alot of lookers......

What I really want to know is if TV ain't up to much and kiwi's, we are told, don't watch much, then what do you do in your spare time.

Roger was asking last night so I thought I would ask.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you do for pleasure!!!

I thought it was a little personal.

TV isn't up to much, but it's not really THAT bad. You can usually find something watchable to amuse yourself. Judging by 'lights out' poll of the houses around me, most just go to bed early. Very few lights on around here after about 9.30pm
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kato33

What I really want to know is if TV ain't up to much and kiwi's, we are told, don't watch much, then what do you do in your spare time.

How many kids have you got Nici? And you want to know what we do to keep ourselves amused? TV isn't that bad and if you get Sky as well, you'll be sorted, together with gym, swimming, kids activities, odd pub trip and quiet night with a book, you don't get bored.

Simon
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
How many kids have you got Nici? And you want to know what we do to keep ourselves amused? TV isn't that bad and if you get Sky as well, you'll be sorted, together with gym, swimming, kids activities, odd pub trip and quiet night with a book, you don't get bored.

Simon
Are you implying something Simon......
Yes, we now have a telly so don't go there
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis

Simon
Oh.......and I meant without the kids.
And not what your thinking of Simon....capiche
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Eat pies & icecream & chop wood

All the kiwi's around us are telly addicts, they all love Coronation Street & The Bill.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:45 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

My hobbies? I run, cycle, do press ups, read Mexican comic books and I give out sketchy advice on a BE forum.

Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:54 am
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

I play the Northumberland small pipes
You lot are in for a treat when I get there
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

Well because i'm trying to fit in

I am trying to grow a beard, sell a load of shi*te on trade me,buy a load of sh*te off trade me, eat some pies, knit blankets (not for the children in africa) but for my family cos its gets a wee bit chilly, and then i look at crockpot recipes and go to bed at 9pm

yes I am being a snide ar*se
Old Nov 8th 2007, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ned
I play the Northumberland small pipes
You lot are in for a treat when I get there
That is how to tell that people from the north east are brighter than the scots. No standing up in skirts for us, no a nice chair is what you need when killing an octopus...
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

A lot will depend on where you live, the composite of your family, the time of year and what your interests are.

For us, a family of 3 adults living at home (Kiwi Mum, Brit Dad and son) plus a son married with wife and two children who live 5 minutes away by car, our life goes something like this ....

Summer, Spring, Autumn and quite a lot of the Winter we spend at the beach 1 hours drive from home where we have a caravan on a permanent site out on the water/islands either fishing, diving, water sports including skiing etc during the day. Evenings barbacues, wine, music, friends etc, etc.

The rest of our free time is spent off road biking, snow boarding/skiing, travelling, live shows (We will rock you tonight ) and keeping the home fires burning e.g. tidying the garden etc.

In amongst all that we support our Grandchildren at their choosen sports. Granddaughter her horses and Grandson soccer and gymnastics.

So yes if you drive past our house during winter months you will probably find our lights out by 10 pm. We will be in bed reading and counting the work days until the weekend.

Last edited by Bellasmum; Nov 8th 2007 at 8:25 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:37 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dustybin
That is how to tell that people from the north east are brighter than the scots. No standing up in skirts for us, no a nice chair is what you need when killing an octopus...
Just because the Scots invented the Telly no need to get nasty
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:47 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Just to throw a curved ball in here,

We have a 42 inch LCD and is not hooked into the ariel socket.

We do selective viewing as we feel it get us outdoors more often. That is when I’m not on BE

With a four year old son we try to get him outdoors as much as possible.

When I can get some spare time I still write & produce music.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

I decided that after spending oodles of pounds bringing my dog over, I'd better do something to get my money's worth out of her - so joined the local dog club and compete in flygility, agility and obedience.

Have now discovered that I'd kinda like to be a professional dog trainer... beats sitting at a desk all day!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:58 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d

All the kiwi's around us are telly addicts, they all love Coronation Street & The Bill.
It is part of our NZ heritage! SERIOUSLY. A few years ago (5 - 7 yrs?) TVNZ tried to cut down the number of episodes per week. IT GOT MENTIONED IN PARLIAMENT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.