Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What is considered an optionally extra for housing

What is considered an optionally extra for housing

Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:40 pm
Banned

AndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What is considered an optionally extra for housing

Originally Posted by Justcol
It strikes me in all your threads and posts, you are looking for negatives, not looking for positives, and I think you need to do some
serious research or change your attitude. If you turn up here comparing this or that to the UK and criticizing the way things are, you
wont be making many friends, either Poms or kiwis, and you're just gonna end up miserable and homesick.
In the past, you've defended your stance by saying "I have a way of doing things" and "creating a picture" but you turn everything
into such a negative, it's hard to see how you can possibly picture anything that might appeal. Having done it twice, I know moving
halfway around the world is about trying to do things differently, accepting what you have isn't the same as what you had. Too many
people come here, ignore the positives and make everyone miserable by whinging about the negatives. Thankfully they tend go back
to blighty.
Maybe you should start asking for plus points instead of wording your posts in such a negative way. This place isnt perfect, nowhere is,
but for most of us its a place we are proud to call home
It strikes me you want me to think like you or else ….

Dude, that is deemed bullying. I am so sorry that you deem my content as negative.

Have a look at the stats mate of the thread I started , perhaps people only read and don’t comment as they are scared of comments like yours. If what I say is out of line or out with the forum rules there is no shortage of admin, mods etc etc.

You have no idea who I am or what I do yet you want to shout me down in a publics forum like this because I said something you don’t like ?

You are not a good ambassador for NZ – let me tell you that.

In my book you don’t raise something up by putting something (or someone) down. That is called lowering the standard.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Well for the first year and a half I lived in my current rental in Christchurch ANY form of heating was considered a luxury extra. Our downstairs living space was not liveable in winter as it was mostly between 6-10c inside. We did finally get a heatpump out of our landlord when they wanted to put the rent up by 10% for no good reason and we said no not unless you give us some *anglo saxon* heating options. This year our rent has gone up by about 2.5% and is much more reasonable.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyCampbell
It strikes me you want me to think like you or else ….
Dude, that is deemed bullying. I am so sorry that you deem my content as negative.

Have a look at the stats mate of the thread I started , perhaps people only read and don’t comment as they are scared of comments like yours.
If what I say is out of line or out with the forum rules there is no shortage of admin, mods etc etc.

You have no idea who I am or what I do yet you want to shout me down in a publics forum like this because I said something you don’t like ?

In my book you don’t raise something up by putting something (or someone) down. That is called lowering the standard.

I have never set myself up as an ambassador for anything, so Im not losing sleep over that.

Im not sure why you've got so defensive over a simple suggestion that by changing tac slightly, you might gain more information.

Im really lost as to how you can possibly read my previous post and feel bullied, but if you're really that much of a softcock
that a post as innocent as that would offend you then I think I should apologize, but i find it hard to believe it would prevent
others from posting, just because it had you crying in your porridge dont assume others out there are as over sensitive as you are

Nobody but you is putting NZ down, you've found a negative point in everything and driven it home even though you haven't
got a clue what you're talking about.

If you can't cope with a little straight talk on here without crying foul you wont last two minutes down here. The last thing NZ needs is
another politically correct middle manager coming over and ruining the place.
Lots of people lurk on forums and choose to comment only when they find something relevant, which is fine. Some choose
never to comment, preferring instead to read the threads and do their own research using the information available, thats fine, Some jump
straight in and join in the conversations, thats good, as every forum should have a spread of opinions, others jump in and start to
complain when they don't get the responses they hoped for to their posts or topics, which is not fine, it's irritating, but we learn to
live with them

You are right, I don't know you, so can only form an opinion based on what you post, and it appears you like to pick up on a negative
element and cling to it like shit to a blanket. Im my previous post I was pointing this out and suggesting you might gain a better insight
in you looked for positive aspects of life in NZ, instead of pulling the place apart, when you have such little knowledge of the place
and the people who live here you might actually learn something.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

No one is forced to live in NZ, even the native born can move to Aus if wanted. I do have an element of sympathy though for migrants who find themselves trapped financially or by family ties) after migrating and deciding it is not for them.

I don't have much sympathy for those who migrate and then moan constantly about what a dreadful country it is etc. Yes a lot of things need improving (I mean who gave females the vote ;-). But if you don't like NZ leave (or don't come), but a constant background whine doesn't help anyone (incl other migrants).

I found I wanted a wider horizon so I left for 40 years but that was my choice and I am happy to be back.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I've been away and thought a while.
I've had a look at some threads you've started
and have come to the conclusion, nothing anybody says is going to be to your liking.

It seems you've formed an opinion before you ask the question and either ignore
or dismiss any advice that might suggest a difference of opinion to yours.
You wave your son around like some emotional banner, and when someone
offers a comment showing a degree of sympathy, you round on them and start
ranting and rambling like a lunatic.

I don't think you have any intension of moving to NZ. I'm not really sure why you
have turned up on here at all.You don't take onboard advice from those of
us who have already made the move and have advice and experiences to share
But that's not good enough. You dismiss our experiences as not relevant to you

I don't know what you want, but, based on the attitude you present in your posts,
I don't think you will either find it or fit in in New Zealand.
Kiwis don't suffer fools, and you have shown yourself to be nothing but one.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 5:06 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyCampbell
Oh for goodness sake, in case it isn't clear to you, you are on here wanting help, Justcol doesn't need you help, nor do any of the other NZ posters, you need their advice and guidance - at least thats what you came on here for.

As far as building standards, you don't have a valid opinion, you just have what you have read on the internet, I'd prefer Justcol's time here any day.

Is now a good time to mention the UK standard of brick-and-tile is quite rare here (again, for good reason, not just economic).

I agree with him, your questions and threads rapidly turn into "horror, its different to the UK", when its pointed out that there are good reasons for that, such as not all NZ has a single building code (because there are radically different climates, NZ isn't a single "place"), you react pretty poorly. No-one is shouting you down or bullying you, they are just telling you like it is, free of charge and in their own time. Feel free to go and pay an immigration advisor who will happily tell you its all great and you won't have anything to worry about.

Your son will have a raft of different opportunities here compared to the UK - but the reasons are none of those you are getting hung up about.