Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What brought you to the British Expats Forum

What brought you to the British Expats Forum

Old Aug 17th 2013, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of
Default What brought you to the British Expats Forum

Interested to know how you ended up on this forum...

For me it was a simple google search..with the question

"move back to UK from New Zealand"......I was astounded at how many people were coming and going!

Last edited by pixiewink; Aug 17th 2013 at 10:41 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2013, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What brought you to the British Expats Forum

Hi

For me I was looking for some support and to accept that I wasn't going mad! I have to say that I have found just that.

Old Aug 17th 2013, 11:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

can't honestly remember but suspect it was good old Google

Initially we were looking at Australia and hubby did lots of work towards getting the visa's and we had paid out a bit but when he started digging a bit deeper into the political circumstances of the country he decided he just could not move there.
So we stopped using for a while until he happened to start FB chatting to a guy who knew a guy he sort of knew who lived in NZ and said if we ever wanted to pop over he was more than happy to help. He popped over and never came back so back onto BE to find out the best way to get us as a family over.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 5:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Did the motley crew hanging out at BE help MrsF? I hope it did.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

britsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond repute

I found BE about 8 months into our move here after a bout of homesickness hit me like a ton of bricks. At that time I loathed being here and looked around on the web and found many sites that spanned the gamut of loving NZ to loathing NZ. I thought BE stood out as a well balanced middle ground, neither blinkered nor bonkers.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I suppose we ,at the NZ BE , are a bit like pedigree racehorses. A bit strung out to wish to succeed on our chosen quest and all needing a few blinkers to help us along our chosen route. A bit like those drones that wear blinkers to not see where they are in a life.
Also , we are highly intelligent and incredibly brave. That makes us bonkers. I love that.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by britsinnz
found many sites that spanned the gamut of loving NZ to loathing NZ. I thought BE stood out as a well balanced middle ground, neither blinkered nor bonkers.
Agree with you there!
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

britsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I suppose we ,at the NZ BE , are a bit like pedigree racehorses. A bit strung out to wish to succeed on our chosen quest and all needing a few blinkers to help us along our chosen route. A bit like those drones that wear blinkers to not see where they are in a life.
Also , we are highly intelligent and incredibly brave. That makes us bonkers. I love that.

It should have said not TOO blinkered or TOO bonkers. We're all a bit blinkered and bonkers.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:31 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

My husband mentioned it to me, I hadn't heard of it. It's good to contribute to this site.

As has already been mentioned, it's neither blinkered nor bonkers ! But I am a little bit of both, similar to the post above
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:42 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yes indeed BE motley crew helped immensely, the reason still here as still learning from those who know
Old Aug 18th 2013, 8:17 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I like to vent/let off steam here. I've also been know to help people with their questions. Yes, really.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 9:50 am
Hello World!

anthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond repute

Good old Google. I was looking for info about New Zealand and immigration stuff and I landed on this forum. Thank you for your precious support!
Old Aug 18th 2013, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

Another Google searcher here, it's been a great source of advice! Looking forward to meeting up with some Wellingtonians when I arrive
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:22 pm
Hello World!

anthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm heading out between October/November to Auckland.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

jodaid is an unknown quantity at this point

Google... this site has had lots of answers to questions we needed help with. Very useful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.