Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:29 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
My days of sadism are over. Well mostly
Where in Egypt did you go? Some where nice on the Red Sea?

Last time we were there it was Al Gouna - Movenpick. After a week on the Nile.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:33 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Where in Egypt did you go? Some where nice on the Red Sea?

Last time we were there it was Al Gouna - Movenpick. After a week on the Nile.
Sharm-El-Sheik.

We should have been in Menorca but we overlaid (I set the alarms for pm not am ) and missed the flight. The holiday was written off so. But the kids were excited so we just booked something that was going in a few hours time. Cost us an extra £2100 for a week :scared:
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:30 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Sharm-El-Sheik.

We should have been in Menorca but we overlaid (I set the alarms for pm not am ) and missed the flight. The holiday was written off so. But the kids were excited so we just booked something that was going in a few hours time. Cost us an extra £2100 for a week :scared:
Hope you don't miss the NZ flights then the alternative might be Oz

Are the family looking forward to it? Have you firmed up an iitinerary
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:36 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you don't miss the NZ flights then the alternative might be Oz

Are the family looking forward to it? Have you firmed up an iitinerary
Its just me going

4th-11th in the Whangarei area and then Tauranga area 11th -17th when I fly back.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:39 am
Melbourne Australia

Its just me going

4th-11th in the Whangarei area and then Tauranga area 11th -17th when I fly back.
Will you be staying over in Auckland? before heading up to Whangarei?

We fly back on the 6th.

Kiwi
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:44 am
Banned

Will you be staying over in Auckland? before heading up to Whangarei?

We fly back on the 6th.

Kiwi
My flight gets in on at 2330 on the 3rd so by the time I clear customs ect. its gonna be about 1am so I might just crash (hope not ) in the hire car before heading up there. Ive got to buy a tent and a bucket as soon as.

What about you?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

My flight gets in on at 2330 on the 3rd so by the time I clear customs ect. its gonna be about 1am so I might just crash (hope not ) in the hire car before heading up there. Ive got to buy a tent and a bucket as soon as.

What about you?

i'm not sure about cars but i apparently if you hire a campervan they won't let you have it if you just got off an international flight , so FIL tells me anyhow, but i could be wrong, just thought it may be helpful for you
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:53 am
Melbourne Australia

What about you?
Fly over on the 15th "crash" at the parents before mates start descending.

Xmas down in Rotorua at sisters batch.

Sneaking back up to Auckland for quiet New Year bash at mates place on the Shore.

There is also a good campsite in Papamoa right on the beach last time I was back home.

Kiwi
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by poppets
i'm not sure about cars but i apparently if you hire a campervan they won't let you have it if you just got off an international flight , so FIL tells me anyhow, but i could be wrong, just thought it may be helpful for you
I have paid for a out of hours pick-up so it appears that I can. I will have to check that out though. Thanks.

To be honest I am going to try and pretty much sleep for most of the journey. But all good plans and all that

How did you feel after the flight?

Wide awake or knackered?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:17 am
Banned

Fly over on the 15th "crash" at the parents before mates start descending.

Xmas down in Rotorua at sisters batch.

Sneaking back up to Auckland for quiet New Year bash at mates place on the Shore.

There is also a good campsite in Papamoa right on the beach last time I was back home.

Kiwi
Sounds like you will have a good time. You might end up moving back over the Tasman
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:20 am
Melbourne Australia

Sounds like you will have a good time. You might end up moving back over the Tasman
Not with my family

But highly recommend it for others
Attached Thumbnails Whangarei and Tauranga campsites-twins.jpg  
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Everything's booked now. Only thing is I to buy a tent when I get there
Buy a tent in the UK and bring it with you. Seriously... the tents here are MEGA expensive...

However, should you be looking at buying a canvas tent, then I would recommend buying a NZ one because of the weight of the thing. But if it's a nylon tent you're looking at getting, defo get a UK one and bring it with you.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Buy a tent in the UK and bring it with you. Seriously... the tents here are MEGA expensive...

However, should you be looking at buying a canvas tent, then I would recommend buying a NZ one because of the weight of the thing. But if it's a nylon tent you're looking at getting, defo get a UK one and bring it with you.
What about getting it over here. The size ect.?

PS Cheers for the heads up though
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

Its gonna kill me walking up that thing

There is a hill as big as that covered in Bush right by your camp site in Whangarei too..its called Mt Parahaki..it has a small kids play park at the base called Mair Park and if you walk down thru the trees there is the Hatea river ducks etc.( very pretty).then you can go over a bridge and climb up to the top via walking tracks.. it would take an hr with kids 1/2 hr for a fit adult..there is an awesome view of Whangarei city and inner harbour from the top...or you can just drive up there..ask the staff at the Holiday park how to get there!!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by shazzafromnz
There is a hill as big as that covered in Bush right by your camp site in Whangarei too..its called Mt Parahaki..it has a small kids play park at the base called Mair Park and if you walk down thru the trees there is the Hatea river ducks etc.( very pretty).then you can go over a bridge and climb up to the top via walking tracks.. it would take an hr with kids 1/2 hr for a fit adult..there is an awesome view of Whangarei city and inner harbour from the top...or you can just drive up there..ask the staff at the Holiday park how to get there!!
So 3 hours for me then!!

I will go up there and take some shots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.