We've Had Enough

Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've Had Enough

If you don't want the Government to look after you...then I suggest you go and live in the USA.
The downside of the uncaring State is of course increased crime levels so I'd always vote for the State taking care of people in their time of need and providing 'free at point of use' healthcare, education etc etc.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by luvwelly
If you don't want the Government to look after you...then I suggest you go and live in the USA.
The downside of the uncaring State is of course increased crime levels so I'd always vote for the State taking care of people in their time of need and providing 'free at point of use' healthcare, education etc etc.
If we had to pay to have an appointment with the doctors in the Uk like New Zealand then you won't get as many timewasters and people missing appointments.

I would gladly pay for a decent education system in the UK.

It is not uncaring to make lazy people get off their backsides and do some work. If they want dole money then they should be cutting the old people's grass, or helping the community in some way.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heavenlyscent
It is not uncaring to make lazy people get off their backsides and do some work. If they want dole money then they should be cutting the old people's grass, or helping the community in some way.
That would be workfare..not necessarily against that....you've just got to bear in mind that we can all fall on hard times and why should we all suffer just because of the minority who abuse the system? These rights in Europe were hard won and fought for over many generations ......I wouldn't want to jettison them myself.
We forget history at our peril...in most all aspects of life...each generation thinks it has the answer and knows best...but things go round in circles.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:15 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heavenlyscent
If we had to pay to have an appointment with the doctors in the Uk like New Zealand then you won't get as many timewasters and people missing appointments.

And the flipside is then that many people struggle to afford Dr visits while the waiting rooms are full of the wealthy worried well. Neither system is perfect but the aim ought to be about providing health care that reaches the masses, not making money.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
I see one problem with Polish people immigrating to the UK and one problem only:

The girls are really pretty. This means that if you are an average kiwi swamp donkey girl like me it is SO MUCH HARDER to get male attention in bars!!!

Sorry, thought I would lower the tone/lighten things up there
Good for you Kiwiprincess..............the thread appears (IMNSVHO) to have become a bit deep.

But consider this little play on words and how strange the English language has become:

I am now going to polish my Polish table.

I thought that was rather cute.

NG
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:36 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
And the flipside is then that many people struggle to afford Dr visits while the waiting rooms are full of the wealthy worried well. Neither system is perfect but the aim ought to be about providing health care that reaches the masses, not making money.
dont forget that good health "prevention" and "education" policies plus early intervention make for cost-effective healthcare......
that's why the NZ govt. has been working to reduce consultation costs for kids so that parents take them to the GP when they need to rather than hanging on to "see if it will be alright" as us macho (or is it cowardly) men like to......
hence the idea that the less affordable you make GP visits for the poor/"dole scroungers" the less "dole scroungers" you will get is probably true, you'll just end up killing them and spending far more $$$/£££ on expensive interventions when early treatment would have been far cheaper for us all......

just my 2 cents.........or is that a dose of blindness curing medicne for some african baby???.....
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:00 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

lardyl! You're a man!

For some reason I had you as a woman
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:08 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds so wrong!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:09 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
lardyl! You're a man!

For some reason I had you as a woman
Dont know whether to be shocked and appalled at that....or take it as a compliment.....
But I think the ^ at the top left of my blue "O" might give it away - your's is a + BTW....although the Avatar may give a female feel.....

I can however understand this confusion
back in the early days of IRC I was LardyL in certain chatrooms - vFriendly mainly - and then I was always getting A/S/L queries as the blokes thought I was LadyL not LardyL....... Not really the desired effect.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:09 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Nerine
That sounds so wrong!!
maybe "had you down" but not "had you"
on second thoughts..... down where......????
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lardyl
Better not show this thread to Mrs Lardyl eh?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:47 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
You been south recently?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:59 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
I have just read about shootings in the small quiet town where I lived in England. Youth are becoming "feral", out of control and are getting hold of guns, even in country towns.
What has happened to England ? Why are the youth becoming like this ?

There are many reasons, but the main factor for me is that fathers have been systematically taken away from families by the state imposing of "feminised" laws, and single parent (ie mothers) families have created all these out of control kids. This started among the working classes in the 70s and 80s , but now has spread to the rest of society. Women have been encouraged by the state to abandon the traditional 2 parent family model, first by "no fault divorces" (achieved by easy domestic violence allegations) and then financially, paying them for housing , tax credits). The state first paid for all these single mothers, but when it was realised that costs were spiralling, the fathers were made to pay by the Child Support laws. Although men pay 55-70% of tax in every industrial country, the feminists have won the battle and are now using laws to beat down men. But the side effect has been a breakdown in society, and we are now just starting to pay the price for the deliberate destruction of the family.

Fathers have been telling the government this for years, but this has fallen on deaf ears AND IT WILL ALL GET WORSE

Will you get over yourself? My son, raised by a single mother from the time he was 13 months old, is an accountant! Jesus! D'you know - if I was married to you I'd hit you myself!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:06 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to everyone else for my little outburst - deep breaths, very deep breaths.

I don't want to read the whole way through this thread but can I just say to the OP - emigration works much better if you don't hate where you've come from - the expectations are too high otherwise and you're always going to be disappointed.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
emigration works much better if you don't hate where you've come from - the expectations are too high otherwise and you're always going to be disappointed.
That is exactly what I said Batty. It is soooo true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.