Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

We've got a puppy!

Wikiposts

We've got a puppy!

Old May 24th 2007, 9:56 am
Just Joined

The Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really nice
Default Re: We've got a puppy!

Believe it or not, Chester won't be 9 weeks til Monday! He's a big lad! Regarding your cats, how did you introduce the dog on the first day? I have a 2 year old female cat who is very gentle but not used to dogs at all, so slightly worried as to how to deal with it all.
Old May 24th 2007, 10:57 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Partridge Family
Believe it or not, Chester won't be 9 weeks til Monday! He's a big lad! Regarding your cats, how did you introduce the dog on the first day? I have a 2 year old female cat who is very gentle but not used to dogs at all, so slightly worried as to how to deal with it all.
We bought a cage for her - it's the big thing apparently for doggie training and they use it as their "cave" and feel safe there.

So she spent her first hour or two in the cage with her new bed and a drink, and the cats could come in and have a sniff on their own time. They're not too impressed with her because she's so bouncy and wants to play with them.

After five days they've got brave enough to sniff her when she was asleep and get to about 30cm away from her. They need to work out that if she runs after them they should bop her on the nose, not run away!!

It'll take a while for them to get used to each other I think but the cats aren't stressed and they're still talking to us, sitting on our knees etc.
Old May 24th 2007, 11:36 am
Baa Baa

KiwiKate will become famous soon enoughKiwiKate will become famous soon enough

This is our Belle, when she was a little puppy - she's a german shepherd X huntaway. Huntaways are good old kiwi dogs, typical working dogs, nice natures. We 'rescued' her from our local SPCA - and she's now a year old.
So, she was cute then - and not so cute now!!! A bit more 'weathered' and smelly, but still totally loveable!!
And, like others, we promised our son he could have a dog once we arrived and settled in NZ, so we were kind of duty-bound to get her.
Attached Thumbnails We've got a puppy!-dsc01085.jpg  
Old May 24th 2007, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

The Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really niceThe Partridge Family is just really nice

Originally Posted by RobClubley
We bought a cage for her - it's the big thing apparently for doggie training and they use it as their "cave" and feel safe there.
Thanks for the info. We've got a cage ready here so feel happy I made the decision to get one! I'll let you know how it goes.......
Old May 25th 2007, 6:16 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Just gave her a bath as she was smelling a bit doggy. I don't think she liked it!

Old May 26th 2007, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

tri-88 will become famous soon enough

love the pic of it in the bath

also how easy is it to get rotweilers over there i've been promised 2 if we get a big enough garden and once lara (my dog just now) has passed cause she's jelouse of other dogs around us. If anyone knows please tell me

Sorry for hijack
Old May 26th 2007, 4:18 pm
Happy in Wellington

I don't know how easy they are to get but there's quite a few here so they must be available. There was a gorgeous 4 month old
rottweiler pup in the pet shop this morning, shopping with its owner.

Last edited by RobClubley; May 26th 2007 at 4:58 pm.
Old May 26th 2007, 4:32 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tri-88
love the pic of it in the bath

also how easy is it to get rotweilers over there i've been promised 2 if we get a big enough garden and once lara (my dog just now) has passed cause she's jelouse of other dogs around us. If anyone knows please tell me

Sorry for hijack
Ive seen a few on trade me for sale....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sear...earch&x=11&y=7