Tauranga

Old May 18th 2007, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

scunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nice
Default Tauranga

Hi there

My husband and i have been accepted to New Zealand and are looking at Tauranga.

Which are the best areas to live in or which should we avoid? We have a baby on the way so will be looking at schooling etc shortly.

Any advice would help.

Kind regards

Donna and Brent
Old May 18th 2007, 10:26 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Tauranga

Wow...baby on the way and already thinking about school.
Admirable.
Sorry, I can't help you much with Tauranga. I've visited for a short time (a day) and it looks nice enough. [A couple of surf shops make it an ace town, at least to me]
Old May 18th 2007, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happynz
Wow...baby on the way and already thinking about school.
Admirable.
Sorry, I can't help you much with Tauranga. I've visited for a short time (a day) and it looks nice enough. [A couple of surf shops make it an ace town, at least to me]
A coule of surf shops make it a crap town, at least to me

Old May 18th 2007, 10:32 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mazi
A couple of surf shops make it a crap town, at least to me

Old May 23rd 2007, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scunnybunny
Hi there

Which are the best areas to live in or which should we avoid? We have a baby on the way so will be looking at schooling etc shortly.

Any advice would help.

Kind regards

Donna and Brent
Hi,

We live in a suburb of Tauranga and will gladly share any info with you. I would rather not slag off any areas on the forum so as not to offend but if you want to PM me I will gladly dish the dirt. I also have other info. Tauranga is the fastest growing city in NZ and it is littered with fellow pomms but would advise you to mix with the kiwi`s unless you want endless conversations about " can`t get a decent sausage"!!!
Yours
Ash
Old May 23rd 2007, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough

Hi there

Any advice would help.

Kind regards

Donna and Brent
Hi
We have lived in Tauranga for about 3 and a bit years.It is IMO the best place in NZ.It is close to Auckland about 2 and a half hours.Near to the Coramandel which is beautiful.There are loads of poms here and most seem pretty happy to be here.There are a really good selection of schools and most are zoned execpt for the Catholic and private ones.Best to drive around when you arrive and make your own mind up where to live some areas are really expensive.You will really like Tauranga it is such a cool place to live and we think we are pretty lucky to live here.
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Hi there

Any advice would help.

Kind regards

Donna and Brent
Hi there

We are in Tauranga as well and love it here. If you need any advice then PM me and I will try and advise you on the better areas to live etc.

Paul
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orca05
Hi
We have lived in Tauranga for about 3 and a bit years.It is IMO the best place in NZ.It is close to Auckland about 2 and a half hours.Near to the Coramandel which is beautiful.There are loads of poms here and most seem pretty happy to be here.There are a really good selection of schools and most are zoned execpt for the Catholic and private ones.Best to drive around when you arrive and make your own mind up where to live some areas are really expensive.You will really like Tauranga it is such a cool place to live and we think we are pretty lucky to live here.
Between you and paulgent I think you may be fed up with me by the time we get there.

Now I know those that live in Tauranga I will be asking all the questions I can think off.

Hope you dont mind.

Nici
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

Hi
Fair enough.

But would you call Bristol close to London?? Which is just under two and half hours' travelling time? If not just over two.
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

By the way, lest there should be any confusion, I don't mind Tauranga: only two things wrong with it really: it's a bit surfy for my liking and it's in NZ.
Old May 24th 2007, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Red face Re: Tauranga

By the way, lest there should be any confusion, I don't mind Tauranga: only two things wrong with it really: it's a bit surfy for my liking and it's in NZ.
Hey Tauranga is not just surfy!Yes if you live by the beach of course you are going to get the surfy lifestyle but the whole of Tauranga is not by the beach.We live more in the countryside and have beautiful views and if we want to go to the beach then we go to our local flat no surf beach or we drive to the Mount/Papamoa.
How can you compare Bristol being 2 hours away from London and Auckland 2 hours away from Tauranga.There is no motorway until you hit Auckland which is the biggest city nearest to Tauranga.Sorry but I think NZ is one of the best places to live in the world!
Old May 24th 2007, 5:54 am
Account Closed

Hey Tauranga is not just surfy!Yes if you live by the beach of course you are going to get the surfy lifestyle but the whole of Tauranga is not by the beach.We live more in the countryside and have beautiful views and if we want to go to the beach then we go to our local flat no surf beach or we drive to the Mount/Papamoa.
How can you compare Bristol being 2 hours away from London and Auckland 2 hours away from Tauranga.There is no motorway until you hit Auckland which is the biggest city nearest to Tauranga.Sorry but I think NZ is one of the best places to live in the world!
I know it's not just surfy - which is why "I don't mind [it]"! Motorway or not, a two hour drive is not 'close'. I don't think Bristol is close to London - even with the motorway - that was the point of choosing that example. If there were a hurtling great motorway all the way from Tauranga to Auckland, it still wouldn't be close. 'Close' is 15 minutes or so, and only a few kms. ie. Hamilton-Cambridge, maybe. It probably only takes 15 minutes in a helicopter (can't be certain, never done it) Tauranga-Auckland, but it's still not close in distance.

Why are you upset (well, mildly agitated)? I said there are ONLY TWO things wrong with Tauranga, meaning there must be a lot of things right with it - which is a very grand statement coming from me about a place in NZ.
Old May 24th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

I know it's not just surfy - which is why "I don't mind [it]"! Motorway or not, a two hour drive is not 'close'. I don't think Bristol is close to London - even with the motorway - that was the point of choosing that example. If there were a hurtling great motorway all the way from Tauranga to Auckland, it still wouldn't be close. 'Close' is 15 minutes or so, and only a few kms. ie. Hamilton-Cambridge, maybe. It probably only takes 15 minutes in a helicopter (can't be certain, never done it) Tauranga-Auckland, but it's still not close in distance.

Why are you upset (well, mildly agitated)? I said there are ONLY TWO things wrong with Tauranga, meaning there must be a lot of things right with it - which is a very grand statement coming from me about a place in NZ.
Ok ok so Auckland is not close by to Tauranga but it is still only 2 hours away by car!And I am not upset just sticking up for the really great town and country I live in.Why are you so obsessed(think I spelt that right)with NZ? IF you don't like it.I think deep down you really like NZ and you can't let it go.Come on admit it.
Old May 25th 2007, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

Ok ok so Auckland is not close by to Tauranga but it is still only 2 hours away by car!And I am not upset just sticking up for the really great town and country I live in.Why are you so obsessed(think I spelt that right)with NZ? IF you don't like it.I think deep down you really like NZ and you can't let it go.Come on admit it.
I have an obsessive nature (seen my posts about the Tube?!), and it's not so much NZ I'm obsessed with (although Boyfriend is a Kiwi so I still very much have dealings with the place) but this bleedin' forum. When I found this forum I honestly thought it was a place where people came to vent about NZ - I was searching for Ex pat (demographic) figures in the Veneto area of Italy - I had never before had any dealings with a forum and this thread 'The Negative NZ Thread' popped up and I thought that was what the whole thing was about, so I posted on it to make myself laugh. WRONG!

Now I don't live there, I like (you read it hear first!) NZ for a holiday. You have no need to stick up for your town or country - to paraphrase Karonious (sorry, K!) - it's not your wife (husband), your child or your lover. And I repeat - I said I don't mind Tauranga!
Old May 26th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

INow I don't live there, I like (you read it hear first!) NZ for a holiday. You have no need to stick up for your town or country - to paraphrase Karonious (sorry, K!) - it's not your wife (husband), your child or your lover. And I repeat - I said I don't mind Tauranga!
Que?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.