British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   We're here! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/were-here-776828/)

thepinkone Nov 6th 2012 6:56 pm

We're here!

We arrived yesterday, the flight with air new zealand was ok, on the second long leg the kind singers from Waikato choral group swapped seats so we could sit together (they had just competed in Denver USA), had roast dinner pizza (bizarre), and can see mount Taranaki from our back garden. Off to start house hunting today and to get my IRD number, bank account etc.

Still feels a little un-real, but we're happy to be 'upside down'

MrsFychan Nov 6th 2012 7:28 pm

Re: We're here!

glad to have you here. couple of weeks rest before work starts.
good luck with the house hunt

skends Nov 6th 2012 8:26 pm

WOW, nice to hear, - our turn soon!!

waikatoguy Nov 6th 2012 8:31 pm

Welcome to New Zealand!

lisamct Nov 7th 2012 4:16 am

Welcome to NZ! Your a wee bit away from me but give me a shout if I can help out in any way :thumbup:

BEVS Nov 7th 2012 4:48 am

Originally Posted by thepinkone (Post 10369341)
We arrived yesterday, the flight with air new zealand was ok, on the second long leg the kind singers from Waikato choral group swapped seats so we could sit together (they had just competed in Denver USA), had roast dinner pizza (bizarre), and can see mount Taranaki from our back garden. Off to start house hunting today and to get my IRD number, bank account etc.

Ooo. Brilliant. :) I've only ever seen Mt Taranaki from the air. That area is s'posed to be a bit good I'm told.

Hope you're right pinked up and everything is pinkish fun , fine and dandy as you settle on in to your new NZ life.

Pics are always welcome y'know.

HeatherGirl Nov 7th 2012 6:22 am

Welcome to Taranaki The Pink One!

I too can see the mountain from my window and it's looking awesome today! :thumbsup:

HeatherGirl

Sue Nov 7th 2012 11:10 am

Originally Posted by thepinkone (Post 10369341)

Congrats!!!

Sounds like you've hit the ground running :)

TommyLuck Nov 7th 2012 2:16 pm

Sweet!

How does it feel to finally be there? Relief, excitement, intrepidation?

I've just had a wave of really looking forward to arriving after reading your post, imagining what our arrival might feel like. Oh, the anticipation ...

thepinkone Nov 7th 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks guys, we walked loads yesterday, explored the center and viewed 2 houses (have a couple more lined up on Friday). OH has fallen for the first house we viewed, a brick built house thats one road back from the ocean and close enough to work for it to be a comfortable walk. It has no heating though so we'd have to think about what would be best. It is under budget and the agent said he'd love to have us as tenants (had a really good chat with him as he turned up early for us) so :fingerscrossed: The second house we saw was really quirky and in amazing settings but the hill walk may have been too much after a long night shift and we felt it wasn't quite us.

The holiday let is great, we're in a little cottage next to our hosts art gallery. The jet lag isn't too bad and the weather is amazing. It still feels like holiday time!

julesnye Nov 9th 2012 12:23 am

Originally Posted by thepinkone (Post 10371231)
Thanks guys, we walked loads yesterday, explored the center and viewed 2 houses (have a couple more lined up on Friday). OH has fallen for the first house we viewed, a brick built house thats one road back from the ocean and close enough to work for it to be a comfortable walk. It has no heating though so we'd have to think about what would be best. It is under budget and the agent said he'd love to have us as tenants (had a really good chat with him as he turned up early for us) so :fingerscrossed: The second house we saw was really quirky and in amazing settings but the hill walk may have been too much after a long night shift and we felt it wasn't quite us.

The holiday let is great, we're in a little cottage next to our hosts art gallery. The jet lag isn't too bad and the weather is amazing. It still feels like holiday time!

welcome to our little bit of paradise.(Well we think so most of the time anyways)
Enjoy.:)