We're here!

Old Nov 6th 2012, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice
Default We're here!

We arrived yesterday, the flight with air new zealand was ok, on the second long leg the kind singers from Waikato choral group swapped seats so we could sit together (they had just competed in Denver USA), had roast dinner pizza (bizarre), and can see mount Taranaki from our back garden. Off to start house hunting today and to get my IRD number, bank account etc.

Still feels a little un-real, but we're happy to be 'upside down'
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:28 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're here!

glad to have you here. couple of weeks rest before work starts.
good luck with the house hunt
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:26 pm
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

WOW, nice to hear, - our turn soon!!
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:31 pm

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to New Zealand!
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to NZ! Your a wee bit away from me but give me a shout if I can help out in any way
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:48 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepinkone View Post
We arrived yesterday, the flight with air new zealand was ok, on the second long leg the kind singers from Waikato choral group swapped seats so we could sit together (they had just competed in Denver USA), had roast dinner pizza (bizarre), and can see mount Taranaki from our back garden. Off to start house hunting today and to get my IRD number, bank account etc.

Ooo. Brilliant. I've only ever seen Mt Taranaki from the air. That area is s'posed to be a bit good I'm told.

Hope you're right pinked up and everything is pinkish fun , fine and dandy as you settle on in to your new NZ life.

Pics are always welcome y'know.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all

Welcome to Taranaki The Pink One!

I too can see the mountain from my window and it's looking awesome today!

HeatherGirl
Old Nov 7th 2012, 11:10 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!!

Sounds like you've hit the ground running
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet!

How does it feel to finally be there? Relief, excitement, intrepidation?

I've just had a wave of really looking forward to arriving after reading your post, imagining what our arrival might feel like. Oh, the anticipation ...
Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Thanks guys, we walked loads yesterday, explored the center and viewed 2 houses (have a couple more lined up on Friday). OH has fallen for the first house we viewed, a brick built house thats one road back from the ocean and close enough to work for it to be a comfortable walk. It has no heating though so we'd have to think about what would be best. It is under budget and the agent said he'd love to have us as tenants (had a really good chat with him as he turned up early for us) so The second house we saw was really quirky and in amazing settings but the hill walk may have been too much after a long night shift and we felt it wasn't quite us.

The holiday let is great, we're in a little cottage next to our hosts art gallery. The jet lag isn't too bad and the weather is amazing. It still feels like holiday time!
Old Nov 9th 2012, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys, we walked loads yesterday, explored the center and viewed 2 houses (have a couple more lined up on Friday). OH has fallen for the first house we viewed, a brick built house thats one road back from the ocean and close enough to work for it to be a comfortable walk. It has no heating though so we'd have to think about what would be best. It is under budget and the agent said he'd love to have us as tenants (had a really good chat with him as he turned up early for us) so The second house we saw was really quirky and in amazing settings but the hill walk may have been too much after a long night shift and we felt it wasn't quite us.

The holiday let is great, we're in a little cottage next to our hosts art gallery. The jet lag isn't too bad and the weather is amazing. It still feels like holiday time!
welcome to our little bit of paradise.(Well we think so most of the time anyways)
Enjoy.