were do i start?

Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

karon is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face were do i start?

my partner and i hve been thinking about emigrating to nz for quite some time now we are not married and i have two children to my previous partner i just dont no were to start with the whole precoces my partner is a qualified hgv and car mechanic he has got quite a lot of qualifications in this industry so we are planning to try and get a visa through his qualifications hopefully but i need plenty of info and advise on this please just dont no were to start even though i trawled the internet theres so much advise i could do with some help desperately to help use get started please ohh yer and i forget to mention we live in the uk west yorkshire
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all
Default Re: were do i start?

Originally Posted by karon
my partner and i hve been thinking about emigrating to nz for quite some time now we are not married and i have two children to my previous partner i just dont no were to start with the whole precoces my partner is a qualified hgv and car mechanic he has got quite a lot of qualifications in this industry so we are planning to try and get a visa through his qualifications hopefully but i need plenty of info and advise on this please just dont no were to start even though i trawled the internet theres so much advise i could do with some help desperately to help use get started please ohh yer and i forget to mention we live in the uk west yorkshire

Hi Karen

And welcome to our little cyber worldI'm sure that all you need to know will be somewhere on this forum or someone will have an answer!!! When are you hoping to go? Where in West Yorkshire are you?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: were do i start?

thanks for the reply are u trying to emigrate ?been looking a bit more on this site and theres quite somme usefull stuff on here aspeacialy the job s side of things
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply are u trying to emigrate ?been looking a bit more on this site and theres quite somme usefull stuff on here aspeacialy the job s side of things
If you need any help on the HGV front give us a PM.

We have just sold our house and are leaving by mid Jan08. OH is a Class 1 Truck driver and I have managed to secure him work from this side of the planet.

More or less everyone on here is very helpful so you should be able to get most if not all your questions answered Karon.

Nici
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Hi
yes we are hoping to emigrate in the next 2 years!! I'm training to be a nurse and my OH is studying a degree in IT so we should find some employment somewhere!! You never said where in Yorkshire you lived,
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: were do i start?

hi were from ossett in west yorkshire just outside of wakefield we have 2 children jodie whos 13 and farran whos 16 do u have any children ?
and were u hoping to emmigrate to in oz?and how far are you into appling for your visas?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

hi were from ossett in west yorkshire just outside of wakefield we have 2 children jodie whos 13 and farran whos 16 do u have any children ?
and were u hoping to emmigrate to in oz?and how far are you into appling for your visas?
Hi Karon

I've sent you a pm
Old Oct 14th 2007, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: were do i start?

hi thanks for the reply so have you used an agent or have you done all the paper work yourself?i no iam asking a lot of questions but very curise about all these things and how did you mange to get hubby a job from in england all the way over there?also were are u going to ? and if you dont mind me asking this question hoew much as it all cost you so far? sorry iam asking loads of questions just dont no were to begin with the procces of applying to go to nz or oz thanks karon
Old Oct 14th 2007, 6:06 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

hi thanks for the reply so have you used an agent or have you done all the paper work yourself?i no iam asking a lot of questions but very curise about all these things and how did you mange to get hubby a job from in england all the way over there?also were are u going to ? and if you dont mind me asking this question hoew much as it all cost you so far? sorry iam asking loads of questions just dont no were to begin with the procces of applying to go to nz or oz thanks karon
I'm sorry if I come off as a pedantic arse, but looking at your grammar and spelling I'd say you should get an agent. Do be aware that they cost a lot of money and you will do most of the leg work.

Anyway, on to important issues. Do you want to come to New Zealand or do you just want to escape from the UK? My feeling is that your long term contentment in New Zealand would be more assured if you want to be here in New Zealand rather than being in a state of voluntary exile from the problems and stress of living in the UK.

As far as getting your husband a job you need to know that it is likely to be easier to secure work if one is on the ground here. It is certainly OK to come here as visitors and then find work and get a work permit and then apply for residency from there. I know that is a big risk as New Zealand is somewhat remote and it costs a packet to get here. New Zealand also isn't particularly a cheap place to live, so be prepared to go through a bit of money and to struggle a bit (unless you are minted to begin with).

So, erm, yeah...there are jobs here for HGV drivers, but it will be on temporary work permits as currently it appears that one cannot get permanent residency (PR) as a truckie. He'd probably stand a better chance as a mechanic in securing PR. He would have to have the proper qualifications and some experience and if he does, well sure, you'd have a chance at immigrating here.

Costs? Figure about several thousand pounds in various fees. Your moving costs will depend on your circumstances.

Sorry to ramble...

Good luck.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Why not start with the on line EOI to see how many points you have? We used an agent but in all honesty the money could have been better spent elsewhere and the majority of people manage without (ignore what the pedantic arse said)
You will get a lot of help from people on the forum so ask away if you have got any problems.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 11:12 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by donnaf
(ignore what the pedantic arse said)
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:02 pm

I'd like to apologise to Karon for my boorish remark about her spelling and grammar.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Karon, your situation is also complicated by the fact that you have two children that are not those of your current partner. You will not be able to leave Britain and immigrate unless you can prove that you have the right to leave the country with them and the childrens father(s) provide a written letter with their contact details stating that they know you are immigrating and that you have their permission to take them.

You need to make use of the forum search to look at old threads. I have seen this situation lots of times. Funny, I have read this forum off and on for at least two years and the questions have a way of cylcling around. Also, the resident heavy posters with the "funny" remarks also change, but then sky was booted.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible to do it alone, but it takes time and alot of emailing and calling late at night to NZ. I am lucky in the fact I have my own office at work so do most of it from there.......ssshhhhh, don't tell the boss.

We looked at Oz originally, mainly because I hated the UK, but OH was never interested.
Happynz is right, you have to want to be in NZ. I got over the initial reasons for leaving and now just want the adventure and fresh air for the kids.

I will help if I can just send me a PM. But do believe in what others have said on here. Their information is invaluable. It got our family off the starting gate and almost on our way.

Nici
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Karon, your situation is also complicated by the fact that you have two children that are not those of your current partner. You will not be able to leave Britain and immigrate unless you can prove that you have the right to leave the country with them and the childrens father(s) provide a written letter with their contact details stating that they know you are immigrating and that you have their permission to take them.

You need to make use of the forum search to look at old threads. I have seen this situation lots of times. Funny, I have read this forum off and on for at least two years and the questions have a way of cylcling around. Also, the resident heavy posters with the "funny" remarks also change, but then sky was booted.
i no its an awkward situation but my childrens farther has never paid child suppport and never really made an effort to see them in all of sixteen years just on birthdays and christmas but even then for only ten mins if that in a rush to get to the pub so really the only thing he has got legaly is they have his surname nothing else (the bum)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.