Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington Info Please! - moved to main forum

Wellington Info Please! - moved to main forum

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:58 am
Tracey and Chris

traceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to all
Default Wellington Info Please! - moved to main forum

Hi,
My oh and I will hopefully be moving out to Wellington towards the end of this year! We have been over to New Zealand a few times but only managed to spend a few days in Wellington (and most of that was spent in Te Papa Museum as there was soooooo much to see!)
I just wondered if anyone could give me the heads up on the best places to live in Wellington. There's only the two of us (no kids) and we will be renting first before buying as we want to make sure we choose an area we like. OH will be working in the Lower Hutt area so i guess we would want to be no more than a 30 minute drive from here!
Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all
Default Re: Wellington Info Please!

Originally Posted by traceyandchris
Hi,
My oh and I will hopefully be moving out to Wellington towards the end of this year! We have been over to New Zealand a few times but only managed to spend a few days in Wellington (and most of that was spent in Te Papa Museum as there was soooooo much to see!)
I just wondered if anyone could give me the heads up on the best places to live in Wellington. There's only the two of us (no kids) and we will be renting first before buying as we want to make sure we choose an area we like. OH will be working in the Lower Hutt area so i guess we would want to be no more than a 30 minute drive from here!
Thanks
have sent you a PM regarding this...
sarah
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:33 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks
You lucky sods the world is your oyster!

If you want to live in Welly and work in Lower Hutt then just choose somewhere in walking distance to doing the reverse commute.

Or...

Live in Lower Hutt

Or...

Live in Upper Hutt

Either of those ways, an early welcome! There are other couples sans children on this forum, too. And a ton of groups that meet together for arts / restauranty stuff.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:57 pm
Tracey and Chris

traceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to all

Cool - Thanks Maz! I would really be interested in some meets ups when we arrive and am totally up for joining groups / clubs etc. to help meet new people and settle in!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:05 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet as. When's your ETA?

(sorry for absence, bedtime now)
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wellington Info Please! - moved to main forum

Wellington is brilliant.

Kelburn for you two! Its in the city (better living) and easy drive to Lower Hutt against the morning traffic....

Hi,
Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

No kids? Lucky buggers. City is a great option,but even Kandallah,Eastbourne, Churton Park,Johnsonville, Kelburn, Lower Hutt itself, Whitby,Riverstone Terrace, Days Bay, or even up in the hills on SH 2 all well within distance.
Good luck,see you when you get here!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:37 am
Tracey and Chris

Thanks for all your replies - I will do some research into these areas! We should hopefully be out there sometime between September and December this year - very excited!
Are there any areas that we should steer clear of?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Most definitely, but Id better not be the one to tell you cos I'd list some of the 'good' ones already mentioned!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:24 am
Tracey and Chris

Any honest feedback would be appreciated Browner!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your replies - I will do some research into these areas! We should hopefully be out there sometime between September and December this year - very excited!
Nah! It's going to depend on want you really want - proximity to the City or Beaches, live out of town or in town, rural or city? Best thing to do is rent a holiday let for a couple of weeks when you get here, then travel around se what's what, meet a few of us and then decide....
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

aw cumon browner, don't be a downer- lets have a bit of action- Karori is crap.

Originally Posted by Browner_
Most definitely, but Id better not be the one to tell you cos I'd list some of the 'good' ones already mentioned!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:04 am
Tracey and Chris

I know that we won't really be able to decide where we want to settle until we get out there and suss it all out but I just wanted to get a general idea of wheres hot and wheres not!!!!!
Our ideal situation would be out of the city, a nice 2/3 bed house with a garage and decking / garden, in a quiet (but not dead) area. We will have transport so can drive to the beach / shops / city etc. As I said before - no kids - so doesn't depend on schools or anything!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Your location might be decided by your budget!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

I know that we won't really be able to decide where we want to settle until we get out there and suss it all out but I just wanted to get a general idea of wheres hot and wheres not!!!!!
Our ideal situation would be out of the city, a nice 2/3 bed house with a garage and decking / garden, in a quiet (but not dead) area. We will have transport so can drive to the beach / shops / city etc. As I said before - no kids - so doesn't depend on schools or anything!
Sounds like your heading our way then!!, but take a look at Korokoro... they have some absolutley stunning views from up there across te bay to the city...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.