Reload this Page >

Well - its starting

Well - its starting

Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

iain_moore is on a distinguished road
Default Well - its starting

Hi All,

Well, we have set the ball rolling at last - lot of decision making.

We flew through the points system and we are meeting with the "Emmigration Group" next week, to do our consultation. Got a gleeming reference from my current employer, so finger crossed we will hopefully be acceptable for a new life

The Emmigration Group are stating that "with a job offer, we could get you out there in 3 months" - anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks

Iain
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well - its starting

Originally Posted by iain_moore
Hi All,

Well, we have set the ball rolling at last - lot of decision making.

We flew through the points system and we are meeting with the "Emmigration Group" next week, to do our consultation. Got a gleeming reference from my current employer, so finger crossed we will hopefully be acceptable for a new life

The Emmigration Group are stating that "with a job offer, we could get you out there in 3 months" - anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks

Iain
I guess it could be done. We did it in well under 6 months I think and no one was on the hurry up. May I ask why you chose to use an 'emigration consultant'? Most say that unless you are a 'basket case' there is little need for these guys. I think most of us on here have done it all ourselves. I have not heard of many that used these type of people and then expounded about their virtues. It is a very simple process. You just need to project manage it and keep on the ball. We are not the brightest bulbs in the house and we did it no probs. Think of the wedge you will save.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi, i spoke to Alex and Mike Cole from Britnz, and because both myself and my wife have medical conditions - he suggested using an immigration agent. It was also that they said they could find me a job, i`ve looked and applied myself, but most the the companies require you to be in NZ.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, i spoke to Alex and Mike Cole from Britnz, and because both myself and my wife have medical conditions - he suggested using an immigration agent. It was also that they said they could find me a job, i`ve looked and applied myself, but most the the companies require you to be in NZ.
Unless you are in the medical world (they do lots of phone interviews) you do need to be here for interviews. I don't see how they can get you a job when you are on the other side of the world. Also how can they help with the medical issues you mention? You can get medical waivers for some conditions you know. I would be very careful before you part with any hard earned. I would want some kind of guarantee. Tread very carefully. I am not being negative just honest. Would hate to see you part with thousands and get little or nothing in return. Good luck. And ask lots of questions on this forum.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi Genesis,

Many thanks for the advise. Apparantly they have a "sister" company based in NZ that purely sources jobs.
The main website is:
http://www.emigrationgroup.co.uk/

Dont know how long the consultation is meant to be, but the sheets of paper I have with questions regarding what we do and what they do - it will probably be all week Going to get my moneys worth
I have done a bit of research regarding our medical conditions - but, its all a bit confusing. They say that wont allow us there if the cost of medication is over $25,000 over 4 years. I have checked on one of the meds that my wife takes, its $13.00 per box in NZ and £70.00 ($147.00) in the UK!

Many thanks again.

Iain
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:31 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Iain,

There's a subtle difference between

"we could get you out there in 3 months with a job offer" and
"we could get you out there in 3 months if you have a job offer"

It's certainly possible to get out there in 3 months with a job offer because applicants with job offers are prioritised by INZ. That being said, it depends on what kind of visa you are applying for. You'll only be prioritised once you have the offer. There may also be delays to take into account regarding the assessment of your medical situation.

It's surprising how many delays can get thrown up, not just by the immigration process itself, but also by normal life. Last year I was starting to think I might be able to get out before Christmas... but now it looks like I won't arrive until September. I'm gonna be nine months overdue

WP

Last edited by JohnThePom; Apr 29th 2010 at 11:42 am.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:36 am
Just Joined

mikisue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
I don't see how they can get you a job when you are on the other side of the world. I would be very careful before you part with any hard earned. I would want some kind of guarantee.
I agree, we very nearly signed up with a consultant who said in a phone conversation and on an email that he guaranteed to find me a suitable job within an agreed time frame. When I asked that he forward me a contract and 1st invoice the guarantee specifically excluded finding me a job and there was no mention of a time frame for anything! Needless to say at the moment I am trying to source work myself.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks for all the info. Just had a look at the online EOI form, seems straight forward enough. We will have this consultation, but not signing on any dotted line just yet. A bit more research on jobs and medical situation i think. Would it be worth contacting NZ immigration directly concerning our med conditions? Dont want to waste a load of money, get really excited for it all to end because of meds.

Iain
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:54 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Iain,

It can't do any harm to ask questions, but I don't know if you will get any hard and fast answers from INZ. The medical process for Skilled migrant PR (no job offer) for me was as follows.

Find a panel doctor and arrange a consultation. (few weeks delay)
Panel doctor finds something outside his experience and refers to a consultant for a second opinion.
Have a consultation with a consultant. (few weeks delay)
Referred for an MRI scan.
Arrange and attend an MRI scan. (few weeks delay)
Wait for consultants report. (very irritating few weeks delay)
Condition determined as 'unremarkable'. (mainly relief, but also slightly miffed at being unremarkable)
Submit application. (After a few weeks notified that the medical report has been sent to the INZ assessor and this will take a few weeks.)
Wait a few weeks,
All clear given.

It doesn't take too many weeks delay to eat into a three month window. Most of that delay was outside of INZ.

Enjoy your consultation.

WP
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

we used the emigration groupyears ago

cost us a packet
we ran around gathering all the info..
we had to sort out the medicals etc..
we sent the info to them when we got a job..PR turned up after a couple of weeks of submitting

we were too busy in our jobs to do the paperwork

would i recommend using a consultant...no

one of my in laws came over several years later... we filled in all the forms for him.. ran around and got all the pieces of paper.. did it all ourselves..and after a couple of months.. his PR turned up...

it cost us a few thousand.. it cost him.. a couple of beers

you can most certainly do it yourself.. unless you have a very hard case..eg criminal record.. not married and finding it hard to prove co habitation.. serious medical issues..

then i suspect their experience of having been through the process before will help grease the wheels..

but just think, if you dont need them.. the money you saved could buy you a nice car when you get her
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Once again - Thankyou for all the advice.

Deepsix - dont think i can have a new car - wife is saying she wants a hot tub and/or swimming pool - no compromise.

I will let you all know how we get on next week.

Cheers

Iain
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

you'll never get far in a hot tub.. too heavy

good luck with your final choice
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

mikisue is an unknown quantity at this point

Golden sands migration (who we were going to use) do a free job finding service, i think if you go direct but they a certainly meant to do it if you go through Global footprints (free again). Thats worth a look if you haven't anyway cos it has links to every service you can imagine.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:43 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Go on, how much are they going to charge? some consultants quote/charge £4-6k for their "service", and the help quality can be replaced with what is on here for free...

If you have a job offer and if you then got out there in 3 months it certainly isnt down to the consultant...
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

It can be done in around 3 months (look at my signature). We did all the work ourselves and saved a fortune.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.