A Week Of "Lasts"

Old Sep 25th 2005, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Week Of "Lasts"

It seemed that it would never arrive but it has. Our last full week in the UK. We fly out a week on Tuesday and it all goes off this week.
Took Vickis parents out last night by way of a thank you for taking over their house for the past month.
I've finished work already-the joys of self employment, Vicki's last day is Wednesday and Josh and Caitlin's last day at nursery is on Thursday.
We have about 100 confirmed for the leaving party on Friday with people coming in from Spain (hopefully) and Luxembourg(definately-we bought the ticket). Really looking forward to that and we are hoping that people really enjoy the night for what it is and it doesn't becoming a mass of weeping and whailing. Will have to drink loads and make sure the music is loud!!!!!!!

Up until yesterday I had been feeling a little nervous about whats to come, the complete change to our lives, finding new jobs, somewhere to live etc etc, but now its in touching distance those feelings have gone and I just want to get on with it. We are hoping that Caitlin will be ok on the flight- but figure it will be what it will be. Just hope that we don't get invited to step outside at 39000ft :scared:

It is hard to recall where the time form EOI (Dec 04) to practically stepping on the plane (4th Oct 05 ) has gone. All the mountain of stuff that was before us - house selling / shippers / getting rid of all our surplus tat has gone really smooth. it stands to reason that we will have a problem somewhere-just hope its not our container that falls off the ship!!!

This is probably not our last post from the UK but will come on before we go to say bye bye to this side and get ready to say hi from down under.

Good luck to everyone who is either in the process or thinking of getting into it. The first in ChCh is on us.

Lee & Vicki

Last edited by Joshlin; Sep 25th 2005 at 8:56 am.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Week Of "Lasts"

Originally Posted by Joshlin
It seemed that it would never arrive but it has. Our last full week in the UK. We fly out a week on Tuesday and it all goes off this week.
Took Vickis parents out last night by way of a thank you for taking over their house for the past month.
I've finished work already-the joys of self employment, Vicki's last day is Wednesday and Josh and Caitlin's last day at nursery is on Thursday.
We have about 100 confirmed for the leaving party on Friday with people coming in from Spain (hopefully) and Luxembourg(definately-we bought the ticket). Really looking forward to that and we are hoping that people really enjoy the night for what it is and it doesn't becoming a mass of weeping and whailing. Will have to drink loads and make sure the music is loud!!!!!!!

Up until yesterday I had been feeling a little nervous about whats to come, the complete change to our lives, finding new jobs, somewhere to live etc etc, but now its in touching distance those feelings have gone and I just want to get on with it. We are hoping that Caitlin will be ok on the flight- but figure it will be what it will be. Just hope that we don't get invited to step outside at 39000ft :scared:

It is hard to recall where the time form EOI (Dec 04) to practically stepping on the plane (Oct 04/05 ) has gone. All the mountain of stuff that was before us - house selling / shippers / getting rid of all our surplus tat has gone really smooth. it stands to reason that we will have a problem somewhere-just hope its not our container that falls off the ship!!!

This is probably not our last post from the UK but will come on before we go to say bye bye to this side and get ready to say hi from down under.

Good luck to everyone who is either in the process or thinking of getting into it. The first in ChCh is on us.

Lee & Vicki

Well done guys on finally making the winning post, we're not far behind just waiting for an immigration officer, interview and the nod, some little blue stickers and we'll be joining you on the other side of the world.

Oh and a little matter of selling the house, organising shippers, getting rid of the rest of our tat, party, etc.............

Best of luck to you all
Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...I remember all that!! I'm so glad everything has gone so smoothly for you so far. Our move went smoothly and no the container didnt fall into the sea!!! lol.....you'll be fine. Make the most of the time you have left with your loved ones though.. I still miss my family sooooo much
Old Sep 25th 2005, 11:25 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

good luck guys!

We're leaving on Thursday morning got butterflies in my tummy everytime I think about it - but they are ones of excitement.

Got a lot to do in the house today though!
Old Sep 25th 2005, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
good luck guys!

We're leaving on Thursday morning got butterflies in my tummy everytime I think about it - but they are ones of excitement.

Hi Pixi
you and bookemjano are just so close - i'm glad we've got time just to chill without any of the house stuff etc - I would have been so stressed if I was still doing all that as well as being this close to going.
I do feel like I'm in denial though - everyone keeps getting all emotional about us going and it's kinda washing over me at the mo - great at the mo but I'm sure it'll all hit with a bang at some point!!!!!!!!!!
Vicki
Old Sep 25th 2005, 8:13 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Hi Pixi
you and bookemjano are just so close - i'm glad we've got time just to chill without any of the house stuff etc - I would have been so stressed if I was still doing all that as well as being this close to going.
I do feel like I'm in denial though - everyone keeps getting all emotional about us going and it's kinda washing over me at the mo - great at the mo but I'm sure it'll all hit with a bang at some point!!!!!!!!!!
Vicki
Good Luck Vicki and family and also to Pixie too. Hope you both have a safe journey and we wish you both every success and happiness in your new lives!

I've not posted much lately, but have still been loggin on to see how everyone is.

Looking forward to hearing all your news when you get there. Sending love to you both

Debbie xx
Old Sep 26th 2005, 7:29 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

It is hard to recall where the time form EOI (Dec 04) to practically stepping on the plane (4th Oct 05 ) has gone. All the mountain of stuff that was before us - house selling / shippers / getting rid of all our surplus tat has gone really smooth. it stands to reason that we will have a problem somewhere-just hope its not our container that falls off the ship!!!

Lee & Vicki
Good luck Lee and Vicki, enjoy your last week, ours is going way too fast. We have two more nights in our house, it feels very strange!

If I don't post after today, have a good flight. See you in Christchurch!
Old Sep 26th 2005, 7:35 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
good luck guys!

The majority of my furniture went on Saturday so we're living like white trash on deck chairs.

The car has gone, we're bumming lifts everywhere. The neighbours will be having a street party once they know our plane has taken off.

We're eating all the cupboard crap now, Fray Bentos pie anyone? Side orders of Smash and mushy peas are on the house with tinned fruit and Carnation cream to follow. :scared:

Still got three bottles of vodka to get through as well. Will need it to wash down the trailer trash food!
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Good luck Lee and Vicki, enjoy your last week, ours is going way too fast. We have two more nights in our house, it feels very strange!

Hi Jan

Hope your flight goes well too. As things stand we will get to Christchurch on the 11th having been to see my brother in Tauranga for a few days.
Will PM you when we get into Chch.
Safe journey

Lee & Vicki
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of my furniture went on Saturday so we're living like white trash on deck chairs.

The car has gone, we're bumming lifts everywhere. The neighbours will be having a street party once they know our plane has taken off.

We're eating all the cupboard crap now, Fray Bentos pie anyone? Side orders of Smash and mushy peas are on the house with tinned fruit and Carnation cream to follow. :scared:

Still got three bottles of vodka to get through as well. Will need it to wash down the trailer trash food!

Jan its great to see you posting in such a positive way, when your down to your bare essentials

How many hangovers have you had recently?

Party on til the end
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by planty
Jan its great to see you posting in such a positive way, when your down to your bare essentials

How many hangovers have you had recently?

Party on til the end
Went out on Saturday night with my sisters and brother, as an overflow to wonderful, sweet and thoughtful party they all threw us, and at the end of night realised I'd drank 13 different drinks, but wasn't feeling it. People didn't know whether to be scared or impressed. Had no hangover either. Very strange. Think it's the good vibes I'm feeling. This week I am mostly giddy and excited. Last week was emotional and fraught so glad I got that out of the way so I can enjoy every minute now. Roll on Thursday!
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:49 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I was at Christchurch airport today with the kids watching the planes land (cheap entertainment as it's school hols) and was wondering how many folk from the UK would be landing there as new migrants today!
Was a bit of a strange feeling really and I can still see us getting off the plane 19 months ago not knowing what the future held.
I think we're all really brave and a bit mental really lol

Good luck and best wishes to all of you about to arrive x
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:31 am

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Hi Lee & Vikki, and Jan as well!

We just wanted to wish you luck on your trip over there and well done on getting to the end of the process (and the start of a new adventure ).
We've just had our medicals and are now waiting for the results. Once that's done we can get the ITA in and out of the way.
Let us know how it went/going when you are over there

Dave and Lyns
Old Sep 26th 2005, 7:19 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

OMG Jan.....how time flies, didn't realise it had come round so soon! I wish you all a safe journey and all the very best for your future lives in NZ, I'm sure it will be great!

You sound so positive now after a rotten last few weeks and that's great!

Sending lots of love to you all

Debbie xxx
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

So here we are finally.
Our last full day in the UK. Can't really believe that tomorrow we get on that plane and change our lives for ever. The farewell party on Friday night went really well, was well attended and people said and wrote some really nice things. There were tears at the and of the evening.

Will keep you informed of progress.

Lee & Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.