We are off!

Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:56 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are off!

Originally Posted by londonescapee
Well I've only been there a year but quite frankly it has been a year of hell (although my boss is amazing I don't know quite how he manages to stay sane because I can't!). Feel sad and like I'm letting him down a bit but at the end of the day family is more important than a job. I'd like to think I'm good at what I do but I'm hardly indespensible

When are you handing your notice in?
In two days Though to be honest they have known for months.
I had to get a letter off HR to help with my PR application.

Let us know how it went.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you all for your lovely responses and lol BEVS the weather over here is so stifiling at the moment that I'm having to have 2 showers a day just to try and cope with the heat

And that wretched talking cat....it was the most surreal thing ever do NOT ever get something called Live Avatar for your skype!

I handed my notice in today and my boss was so lovely about it I nearly cried. His wife is from NZ and he said that their only regret was not doing what we are doing and that it was a no brainer - but that I would be sorely missed

So that's it - we are off at the end of August! I can't quite believe it! I keep looking at Auckland websites thinking OMG I'm going to be living there in 8 weeks hope to see some of you for drinks at some point!

Also, if there are any dogs that would like the company of a little Cav on their walks do let us know as we are always looking out for doggie companions when we go out and about

Oh and I am a fundraiser for those who asked. Very much looking forward to figuring out the New Zealand workplace yay

Last edited by londonescapee; Jun 29th 2010 at 7:32 pm. Reason: sieve for brain
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
In two days Though to be honest they have known for months.
I had to get a letter off HR to help with my PR application.

Let us know how it went.
Good luck with it I bet they will miss you - but at least they've had time to get used to the idea!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road

We have a 10 month old tri cav but won't be out there for another two years, hope yours is ok with the travelling, thats the bit i'm dreading the most as although he's used to sleeping in a crate he's not used to spending 36 hours in one.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana
We have a 10 month old tri cav but won't be out there for another two years, hope yours is ok with the travelling, thats the bit i'm dreading the most as although he's used to sleeping in a crate he's not used to spending 36 hours in one.
Oh how cute they are the best dogs. I have no idea how I am going to cope with her travelling - she will do better than we do I think! She's pretty good about long journeys in the car and has her own crate here at home which she goes into at night but I was reading on one of the quotes we got from the pet transport people that they have special livestock areas on the planes that are heated and made comfortable for the animals. I had an (admittedly silly) vision of her cage being bumped around with the rest of the luggage so that's a bit of a relief
Old Jul 1st 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

not so silly, i had th e same thought I pick my two ragdolls upon saturday
Old Jul 1st 2010, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ragdolls2
not so silly, i had th e same thought I pick my two ragdolls upon saturday
Ohhh hope they have a good flight over I bet you can't wait to see them
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Another Auckland based fundraiser - snap!!

Which charity you going to and what type of fundraising will you be doing? I work for Arthritis NZ doing a bit of everything!

A little word of warning - it is sooooooo different fundraising out here compared to the UK! Good though

Faye
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh lordy yes I have been warned by my new boss who fortunately used to be a UK fundraiser as well! I'm getting ready for some hard graft leaving my team where I had 5 people reporting to me and part of a wider team of 35 to being on my ownesome but am up for the challenge! Will PM you - how nice to have another fundraiser on here yay I am a trusts and major donor person.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Jewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant future

Good luck, we'll be over in SeptemberWest Sussex to Auckland. xx Looking forward to meet ups.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, all the best
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

The very best of luck!! we will be over in Auckland in August too- so see you there! xxxx Berin x
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's been a bit of a rollercoaster few days, telling my mum telling my team at work then knowing we were going to miss the wedding of a good friend and then only to look out of the window this morning to find that someone overnight had driven into the side of our (parked) car, forced onto the pavement, crushed the front left hand side and the bumper fell off and it is now a write off I suppose it at least solves the hassle of having to sell it!

On the plus side though, my passport has come back complete with visa and my last day at work has been confirmed as 26 August which is conveniently also my birthday and our flights are going to be booked for leaving the next day via Singapore AND we also may even have a house in Mission Bay as well Also the dog is booked to arrive on 18 September, with Golden Arrow, packing boxes have been ordered so now it is pretty much all go

Thanks all for your posts and lovely comments hope to see some of you over there for some fine New Zealand wine - I think I'll need a few by then

Last edited by londonescapee; Jul 5th 2010 at 8:22 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonescapee
It's been a bit of a rollercoaster few days, telling my mum telling my team at work then knowing we were going to miss the wedding of a good friend and then only to look out of the window this morning to find that someone overnight had driven into the side of our (parked) car, forced onto the pavement, crushed the front left hand side and the bumper fell off and it is now a write off I suppose it at least solves the hassle of having to sell it!

On the plus side though, my passport has come back complete with visa and my last day at work has been confirmed as 26 August which is conveniently also my birthday and our flights are going to be booked for leaving the next day via Singapore AND we also may even have a house in Mission Bay as well Also the dog is booked to arrive on 18 September, with Golden Arrow, packing boxes have been ordered so now it is pretty much all go

Thanks all for your posts and lovely comments hope to see some of you over there for some fine New Zealand wine - I think I'll need a few by then
I had some nice Oyster Bay white wine today
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road

If you don't mind me asking, how much has it cost you to take your Cavalier with golden arrow?
Wish we were at the stage you are now, two years seems such a long time to wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.