Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

We need a recipient family for our Nz Secret Santa.

We need a recipient family for our Nz Secret Santa.

Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default We need a recipient family for our Nz Secret Santa.

Per Rays thread HERE.

We still need a family in need or perhaps some kids without their parents to Secret Santa to. People/kids that would enjoy to receive a few well wishing Christmas cards and perhaps a few small gifts or $$ notes.

Any Social Workers out there who could help with this? Anyone working with refugee families who could suggest someone?
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:02 am
`

Default Re: We need a recipient family for our Nz Secret Santa.

...mighty big BUMP....

Help!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:14 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
...mighty big BUMP....

Help!
I've had a thought ... will PM you.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:22 am
`

Sorted. A bit late but sorted.

Am Loolah and I have both looked for & found a Secret Santa recipient. The family below have accepted and welcomed the idea of the Secret Santa random act of kindness from strangers.

This years recipient for our New Zealand Secret Santa is a young 6 year old called Bianca who has been bravely battling Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia cancer for the past 3 years. What I feel is worthy about this , is that the family have given their time to raise finds and help others in this situation rather than just looking inward and focussing on themselves.

As we all know New Zealand hasn't the greatest of populations and so , if one has spent any length of time here, one knows just how fundamentally important individual support is within a community.

Because of Bianca's age, I wanted the go ahead from her parents and I now have that. I'm told that Bianca will love to receive cards & small gifts and why not indeed after all she has been through. If any of us wish to add a few $$$ towards her parents target goal for fund raising , then so much the better.

The Secret Santa is about a random act of kindness at this time of year. I hope we can all do this for Bianca.

Anyone who wishes to take part, please PM to me & I will send you the details of where to send your cards/gifts and/or $$.

If you wish to see further about what the family has had to battle, I can give you a link for this , but please remember this is a journal by the family

Thanks and Merry Christmas

BEVS

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 15th 2009 at 9:38 am.