Reload this Page >

We Miss Tesco's Why!

We Miss Tesco's Why!

Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Claire Hart is an unknown quantity at this point
Question We Miss Tesco's Why!

Hi Girls and Boys,

You must help me with this. Why on any programme do i see that everyone misses Tesco's? I work there and i do not think for one minute that there is anything that anyone can miss about Tesco's! This is a mystery please explain it to me.

Claire.x
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We Miss Tesco's Why!

I miss Tescos less here than I did in my last EU country where the supermarkets really were awful.

The reason is choice...variety...choice.
Here in NZ it is not so bad as the fresh produce is excellent and the top-end supermarkets also pack for you which in my last EU country they didn't and they delighted in racing you so your shopping got totally squashed. Minor gripe I know but I am still pleasantly surprised when in the checkout queue here I remember that I can now relax and watch someone else pack!

I still miss M&S but I always would/will wherever I live/d.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

zoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant future

The range of food that we all know and got used to growing up in the UK, books at way less than the RRP, good cheap clothes for the kids. But to be honest Asda and Sainsburys do these too.

Don't miss the poor quality fruit and veg, The petrol that used to make my car behave like a kangaroo, and the all domineering way in which Tesco was taking over the world! I expect they will turn up here in NZ at some point!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Can I just say that M&S is i a different category. If finances are willing of course we would all eat M&S food. However Tesco probably comes second but is not so great as to be missed by people who have made a life choice above a not what impresses the jones choice. I hate our culture of what you have got is what you are, it's not true and it is not a fair representation of what people are.

Claire.x
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:58 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claire Hart
Hi Girls and Boys,

You must help me with this. Why on any programme do i see that everyone misses Tesco's? I work there and i do not think for one minute that there is anything that anyone can miss about Tesco's! This is a mystery please explain it to me.

Claire.x
Fresh cream raspberry roulade (swiss roll you), Yummmmmmmmm
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Is that it! U are so easy to please sure people from uk can make that!
Bring u a cook book!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Girls and Boys,

Claire.x
In a nutshell - choice, quality, affordibility. That's why NZ expats miss Tesco.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dlmckay
In a nutshell - choice, quality, affordibility. That's why NZ expats miss Tesco.
Correct.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

I think Tesco's are already here.
They get all the blue labelled value stuff off the shelves in the UK, re-label it all,ship it here, mark up the prices to match UK quality stuff & then sell it in New World
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Location: woodbridge suffolk hoping to go live northside brisbane
suffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant future

everything being in the one place
cheap kids clothes
lovely food
not the petrol kangaroo style
Old Oct 25th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

I dont miss it or any other supermarket, but when I went back one year my sister took me in Asda and I ended up spending a fair bit of money in there. Didn't really need any of the stuff, but it was there and it seemed cheap so I had it. I always did get overwhelmed in huge supermarkets, I much prefer the NZ ones, I go there to buy food and that's what I come out with!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Can I just say that M&S is i a different category. If finances are willing of course we would all eat M&S food. However Tesco probably comes second but is not so great as to be missed by people who have made a life choice above a not what impresses the jones choice. I hate our culture of what you have got is what you are, it's not true and it is not a fair representation of what people are.

Claire.x
Who exactly anywhere would be impressed by the fact you'd shop at M&S or tesco's

The only reason to miss tesco's is thats where we'd buy big bags of lovely Walkers Sensations and tangy cheese Doritos....

Last edited by teambwr47; Oct 25th 2007 at 12:36 am.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Claire.x
whey man don't be silly! I have never and would never eat M&S food, does no one cook anymore?? Only thing I miss is the granger market in newcastle, but then I don't think that there are many of you out there who have ever been! I have just discovered that there is an indian supermarket in christchurch tho, and that i can tell you makes me happy!

Long live Pak and Save!! (i can still manage to pack my own bags, so feel no need to collect the millions of plastic bags you get if they do it!)

More importantly what has happened to me that has made me get involed with a thread about supermarkets!! I really need to get out more!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jude J
I dont miss it or any other supermarket, but when I went back one year my sister took me in Asda and I ended up spending a fair bit of money in there. Didn't really need any of the stuff, but it was there and it seemed cheap so I had it. I always did get overwhelmed in huge supermarkets, I much prefer the NZ ones, I go there to buy food and that's what I come out with!
I totally agree! I would always come out of Tescos after doing a 'food' shop with other stuff I didn't really need. I do miss places like Superdrug and Bodycare though. Don't seem to be any shops here that do a good selection of cheap toiletries.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:13 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Girls and Boys,

Claire.x
Claire

I worked for Tesco for nearly 10 years and believe me the only thing I miss is the shares

now if it was Waitrose..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.