we are loving it

Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Default we are loving it

Hiya everybody

Had fantastic time in Singapore, the weather was very hot the people were very friendly and it was the most beautiful counrty i have ever been too. One night stop over was not long enough could of spent a week, need plenty of money though. Arrived in Auckland, its cold but first day of spring 2day and warmed up quite quickly. Everybody is so friendly, found small supermarket who helped us unlock the fones and we have got new sim cards that are easy to use and we can still get in contact with everybody in England. The National Bank of NZ have been brillliant and sorted everything out. Went down to the marina in Auckland saw how the other people lived.

Brilliant supermarkets here, sausages are ace, can get everything but wouldnt pay 2 quid for a cumcumber! Top notch steak 8 quid for 3...cheaper than a cucumber!

The flights were great with Singapore Airlines, there was lots of music to listen to and alot of films on to choose from. Jet lag is still a problem but slowly getting over it. Should have stayed longer in Singapore at least 3 nites.

Its taking us a couple of days to adapt but now loving, except my 16 year old daughter who wants to go back home.

jane x
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we are loving it

Glad to hear that you have arrived safely and are enjoying it so far. My OH always gasps at the price of the cucumbers too! But being preggy I JUST HAVE to have cucumber at the moment.... typical eh?!

Its just starting to warm up now but still a bit chilly in the wind.... glad you didnt bring the weather from the UK with you though!

Have a good time

SarahB
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:30 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waynepfry
Hiya everybody

Had fantastic time in Singapore, the weather was very hot the people were very friendly and it was the most beautiful counrty i have ever been too. One night stop over was not long enough could of spent a week, need plenty of money though. Arrived in Auckland, its cold but first day of spring 2day and warmed up quite quickly. Everybody is so friendly, found small supermarket who helped us unlock the fones and we have got new sim cards that are easy to use and we can still get in contact with everybody in England. The National Bank of NZ have been brillliant and sorted everything out. Went down to the marina in Auckland saw how the other people lived.

Brilliant supermarkets here, sausages are ace, can get everything but wouldnt pay 2 quid for a cumcumber! Top notch steak 8 quid for 3...cheaper than a cucumber!

The flights were great with Singapore Airlines, there was lots of music to listen to and alot of films on to choose from. Jet lag is still a problem but slowly getting over it. Should have stayed longer in Singapore at least 3 nites.

Its taking us a couple of days to adapt but now loving, except my 16 year old daughter who wants to go back home.

jane x
Welcome to Auckland Jane. Didn't you just pick the perfect day to arrive? if you want to meet for lunch one day give me a shout
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:43 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Batty
Welcome to Auckland Jane. Didn't you just pick the perfect day to arrive? if you want to meet for lunch one day give me a shout
I'm sooooo jealous!!! Would do anything to be there now! (Stamping foot as I type in huffy bunny way! Enjoy!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough

hi, glad to hear you've arrived - very jealous, 5 weeks to go!

Good to hear that Singapore was good, we fly Singapore Airlines with 2 night stopover (with 2 children 4 & 2yrs) hopefully it will be good.

Can't wait to join you all with the spring weather!!!

Judy
Old Sep 1st 2006, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beaudixon

Good to hear that Singapore was good, we fly Singapore Airlines with 2 night stopover (with 2 children 4 & 2yrs) hopefully it will be good.

Judy
Hi Jane,
great to hear you got there safely, we were thinking of going via Singapore and you've sold it to us!
Enjoy!
Donna
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Batty
sorry it's taken so long to reply, would love to meet for lunch i would have to bring the brady bunch with me. Do you have children too?
jane
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Hiya everybody

jane x
Welcome to NZ - even after 10 years, I still shiver when I see cucumbers at $2 each but just wait 'til you see how cheap asparagus is at the height of the season!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

sorry it's taken so long to reply, would love to meet for lunch i would have to bring the brady bunch with me. Do you have children too?
jane

Holy Jesus almighty above,and of course,below-you made it!! You actually did it!! Good on ya dudes. Glad you got there safe!!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya everybody

jane x

well done guys you are here, glad you had a safe trip. Good luck
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beaudixon

Judy
hi judy
we flew out in april with a 4yr old & a 2 yr old, stopped in singapore & flew Singapore Airlines (fab) no probs with at all
good luck, 5 wks will fly by
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by danny.f
Holy Jesus almighty above,and of course,below-you made it!! You actually did it!! Good on ya dudes. Glad you got there safe!!
Donna and Danny it's lovely booked meal in the Sky Tower on Tuesday it has a restuarant that revolves around the city - will let you know if we are sick We hired a car and did a reccie at the houses today we like Half Moon Bay it was fantastic ,looked at North Shore and too expensive.
You will love it and love the people - they are so helpful and friendly ,pubs and bars close at ten but if you are like us with kids we like a drink at home
Singapore was brill could live there - stay as long as you can so safe, so clean and the people are fantastic,do all the tours ,Sentosa was brill ,cable car ,and markets brill do it on your own though as it's expensive with hotel tours just get a taxi and just tell them where you want to go. Think twice if you want to go in December time as it never stops raining apparantly.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 7:30 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

jane
No problem with the 'brady bunch' I'll pm you.