Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Watering Holes Whangaparaoa

Watering Holes Whangaparaoa

Old May 23rd 2012, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Watering Holes Whangaparaoa

I know Im only moving down the road but was wondering where everyone goes for a drink who lives in Whangaparaoa? Moving to Stanmore Bay in 3 weeks time.

Crows Nest??
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:50 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watering Holes Whangaparaoa

Originally Posted by NZGrl
I know Im only moving down the road but was wondering where everyone goes for a drink who lives in Whangaparaoa? Moving to Stanmore Bay in 3 weeks time.

Crows Nest??
The Wade at Silverdale is good but other than that, Gulf Harbour has the nearest watering holes....or Red Beach.......
Old May 24th 2012, 8:11 am
Beach bums :)

Boogieboard is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in Arkles and since they closed Sizzle at the Plaza (which wasnt the best anyway) - there really isnt anywhere decent... been the Crows a couple of times and shall we say there are some interesting folk in there, little rough around the edges, and thats coming from a scouser!!

Kinja in Manly is OK, otherwise Id say GH or Orewa... havent tried Silverdale?

Old May 24th 2012, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the Wade last weekend for the first time & it got the from us.
Old May 26th 2012, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

crows nest is ok but keep away from the local drunk, you'll spot him a mile away and he's a pain in the arse,
apart from that its ok, karaoke on a couple of times a week if thats your thing. Cooters at red beech is ok
but a little quite at times, again karaoke fills the place foe a couple of hours when its on.
I'd have joined you for a couple at the nest but I moved to Devonport 3 weeks ago so the Patriot with its proper English bitter is now my local