Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Watch out New Zealand here we come !!

Watch out New Zealand here we come !!

Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:54 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watch out New Zealand here we come !!

Many many congrats you lot! Definitely try to meet up with Mrs Fairy & Co in Singapore, that would be a blast!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:54 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
We might have to start one end of the road & work our way along to the other :curse:

Sad person that I am, I quite like Tiger
The seafood feast sounds good - we could meet the boys & kids there after cocktail hour and requisite bottle of Bolly!!! They can do the night safari with the kids!! I love it when it all comes together!!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Speaking of Zoo's, I totally recommend Singapore Zoo, esp the night safari!

If you girls want a night on the town, then get yourself down to horseshoe quay, heaps of bars and resturants!

Or for a seafood feast, check out the East Coast UBC, seafood resturants right by the sea (kid friendly).

BTW, Tiger beer is pretty naff, stick with the Carlsberg!
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to wish you loads and loads of fun - you don't need luck as you've got that with the blue stickers in your passports (you lucky b**'@!&?). Let us know how it all goes.
Best Wishes, Leighlou.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah well done on booking flights etc!
Any info on Singapore you want- just ask me meeting up at Raffles sounds good, Satay club and Boat quay are not cheap anymore though. Shame I can't jump off the plane and into a taxi too, we'll be passing through Changi airport on 9th April with a 4 hr stopover, and arriving in Auckland 10th. Keep in touch

enjoy Raffles long bar have a Singapore sling for me
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:47 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
Sarah well done on booking flights etc!
Any info on Singapore you want- just ask me meeting up at Raffles sounds good, Satay club and Boat quay are not cheap anymore though. Shame I can't jump off the plane and into a taxi too, we'll be passing through Changi airport on 9th April with a 4 hr stopover, and arriving in Auckland 10th. Keep in touch

enjoy Raffles long bar have a Singapore sling for me

Helen
We're on the evening flight out of Singapore on the 9th. Are you on the same flight ??
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Helen
We're on the evening flight out of Singapore on the 9th. Are you on the same flight ??
We are on the 20.35 to Auck with Singapore airlines.

Sarah help! this morning we had a letter from NZIS asking for more info and a letter from the consultant who did an angio gram on hubby 2 yrs ago. It was only done to reassure him he hadn't got a heart condition(his father had heart trouble) so we've now got to chase this up by 23rd april or its a no go apparently.
helen
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:27 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we've gone & done it now

Removals are booked for Next Monday for 3 days

Flights are booked for Friday 6th with a 2 night stopover in Sunny Singapore and then Christchurch wont know what hits it when we land on 10 April

Getting very real now

We did our first goodbyes yesterday. Bl**dy cried like a baby & they're going to come & visit next year so lord only knows what I'm going to be like on Saturday night
wey hey!!!! many congrats coming your way...glad thing have finally come together. Hope the goodbye's aren't too traumatic!

take care and keep us posted
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:29 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Sarah help! this morning we had a letter from NZIS asking for more info and a letter from the consultant who did an angio gram on hubby 2 yrs ago. It was only done to reassure him he hadn't got a heart condition(his father had heart trouble) so we've now got to chase this up by 23rd april or its a no go apparently.
helen
Hope this is resolved soon and you can be reassured that you'll still make your flights! it must have been a real shock! hope it works out for you. Take care
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:45 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We are on the 20.35 to Auck with Singapore airlines.

helen

Speak to them & explain why the procedure was done. They will either ask you to make a statement to that effect or get a letter from your consultant/GP confirming that there is no issue

Don't worry Helen it'll happen.

P.S We're on 19.50 out of Changi with Singapore. We'll have to meet for a coffee if you've got time
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Speak to them & explain why the procedure was done. They will either ask you to make a statement to that effect or get a letter from your consultant/GP confirming that there is no issue

Don't worry Helen it'll happen.

P.S We're on 19.50 out of Changi with Singapore. We'll have to meet for a coffee if you've got time
thanks Sarah,
I just sent you a PM - you answered my questions here thanks.
you're flying 45 mins before us then- see you at Changi remember we'll be jet lagged so don't expect us to talk sense
Helen
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:53 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

thanks Sarah,
I just sent you a PM - you answered my questions here thanks.
you're flying 45 mins before us then- see you at Changi remember we'll be jet lagged so don't expect us to talk sense
Helen

We'll get on like a house on fire then!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

We'll get on like a house on fire then!!

I owe you a singapore sling for all the help and handholding you've done!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:42 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Helen
That would be spooky! But wonderful!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:57 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

We might have to start one end of the road & work our way along to the other :curse:

Sad person that I am, I quite like Tiger
Really excited for you, and for amloolah who will be right behind you, I shall think of you both having your singapore slings, Amloolah is very determined to have one, and I can understand that, it'll be delicious.

Good luck, I shall look forward to reading your posts from here and NZ when you are there.
Marika
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:52 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......... Well done.
then you end up over here, thinking its nothing like you thought at all and little happy explosions keep happening in your head. yeah, a bit la la, but thats how I am at the mo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.