War zone

Old Nov 4th 2006, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default War zone

I didn't realise they did the November 5th thing in New Zealand. It's like a bloody war zone here!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default Re: War zone

Originally Posted by Markk
I didn't realise they did the November 5th thing in New Zealand. It's like a bloody war zone here!
Yes they do, we went to a bonfire bash last year and one kiwi thought it was a kiwi tradition. She was amazed we celebrated it in England. She said Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the New Zealand Houses of Parliament. She soon crumbled when we started grilling her on the subject and telling her the facts about what really happened.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:11 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
Yes they do, we went to a bonfire bash last year and one kiwi thought it was a kiwi tradition. She was amazed we celebrated it in England. She said Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the New Zealand Houses of Parliament. She soon crumbled when we started grilling her on the subject and telling her the facts about what really happened.
Just booked my tent pitch for January in Tauranga and the lady on the phone said it was mad

Forest forever
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Just booked my tent pitch for January in Tauranga and the lady on the phone said it was mad

Forest forever
Where in the UK are you? Nottingham by any chance?
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:22 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Where in the UK are you? Nottingham by any chance?
Lush Mansfield
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Lush Mansfield
Mansfield is not too bad, my favourite drink is Mansfield bitter. I miss Sherwood forest and clumber park. What type of thing are you looking for here? Dont mean to sound nosey, I may be able to give you some advice.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:35 am
Banned

Mansfield is not too bad, my favourite drink is Mansfield bitter. I miss Sherwood forest and clumber park. What type of thing are you looking for here? Dont mean to sound nosey, I may be able to give you some advice.
Nah, thats fine

Nice area within say 30 mins of the Hospital (wifes work) with good schools.

This is the whole poiny of my visit. To have a look around ang try and get a feel for the place.

Fancy a few in January. I can then pick your brains over a few
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Nah, thats fine

Nice area within say 30 mins of the Hospital (wifes work) with good schools.

This is the whole poiny of my visit. To have a look around ang try and get a feel for the place.

Fancy a few in January. I can then pick your brains over a few
My wife is a nurse too. How long are you going to be out here? We would love to meet up for a few beers if it is possible but she is due to have a baby on Jan 13th so it may be a bit awkward for us. But the area we live is beautiful and she loves her job at the hospital. Plus we live next to the best beach in NZ. So you must check out the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:50 am
Banned

My wife is a nurse too. How long are you going to be out here? We would love to meet up for a few beers if it is possible but she is due to have a baby on Jan 13th so it may be a bit awkward for us. But the area we live is beautiful and she loves her job at the hospital. Plus we live next to the best beach in NZ. So you must check out the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
I get to Tauranga on the 11th to the 17th. Just in time to wet the babies head

My wife is an ODP and will be looking for work at the Hospital.

Any particular areas in the Eastern Bay of Plenty?

Any to avoid?

Which schools?
Old Nov 4th 2006, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

I get to Tauranga on the 11th to the 17th. Just in time to wet the babies head

My wife is an ODP and will be looking for work at the Hospital.

Any particular areas in the Eastern Bay of Plenty?

Any to avoid?

Which schools?
Whakatane, Ohope, Cheddar Valley are good. Te Teko, Taneatua, Waimana are quite rough. There are more rough areas on the North Island truth be told than the South island. But its still a nice place to live if you avoid the dodgy areas. Do you have some cash? because the houses in the better areas are quite pricey. You will see when you get here, visit some estate agents and they will put you in the right direction. Are you visiting the south island? I think it is much better than the north ( my opinion) but colder. WE are planning on moving south in time.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 8:17 am
Banned

Whakatane, Ohope, Cheddar Valley are good. Te Teko, Taneatua, Waimana are quite rough. There are more rough areas on the North Island truth be told than the South island. But its still a nice place to live if you avoid the dodgy areas. Do you have some cash? because the houses in the better areas are quite pricey. You will see when you get here, visit some estate agents and they will put you in the right direction. Are you visiting the south island? I think it is much better than the north ( my opinion) but colder. WE are planning on moving south in time.
Without a mortgage we will have about $425-500k.

We really want the North Island. Too cold down south for me. So I will only be visiting the North this time (Whangarei and Tauranga)

Which hospital did your wife work in?
Old Nov 4th 2006, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Without a mortgage we will have about $425-500k.

We really want the North Island. Too cold down south for me. So I will only be visiting the North this time (Whangarei and Tauranga)

Which hospital did your wife work in?
You should be ok with that type of cash. My wife works at Whakatane hospital. Tauranga is busier than Whangarei and there is more to do, but you maybe be able to buy a coastal property in Whangarei. Whakatane is also very quiet not much to do at night time, depends what you want.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 8:30 am
Banned

You should be ok with that type of cash. My wife works at Whakatane hospital. Tauranga is busier than Whangarei and there is more to do, but you maybe be able to buy a coastal property in Whangarei. Whakatane is also very quiet not much to do at night time, depends what you want.
Cheers mate

Which hospital did your wife work in (UK)?
Old Nov 4th 2006, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Cheers mate

Which hospital did your wife work in (UK)?
She worked at Chesterfield Royal
Old Nov 4th 2006, 8:40 am
Banned

She worked at Chesterfield Royal
She wont know me then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.