Wikiposts

wanted down under

Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Default wanted down under

Hi All,
Just wondering if any body who applyed has had a reply, as I was asked if I had more to keep the audience guessing.
And that was the last I heard

So has anybody heard anything????????????????????????

Regards

rockape.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:47 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wanted down under

Originally Posted by rockape
Hi All,
Just wondering if any body who applyed has had a reply, as I was asked if I had more to keep the audience guessing.

Regards

rockape.
I havent. Not even an acknowledgement that they recieved the email. To be honest I think its disgusting and damn right rude
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Not heard anything either. Bah humbug
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:34 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rockape
Hi All,

Regards

rockape.
They've spoken to me and OH, asked for family photo, couple of emails then last week they phoned to speak to my children...been told will hear in couple of weeks if shortlisted though speaking to my two hormonal teenagers may have ruined our chances of getting on the programme

there must be others who have had contact!!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:11 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
They've spoken to me and OH, asked for family photo, couple of emails then last week they phoned to speak to my children...been told will hear in couple of weeks if shortlisted though speaking to my two hormonal teenagers may have ruined our chances of getting on the programme

Nah, hormonal teenagers would really up the ratings: you're IN!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:39 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent. Hope you get picked
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:41 pm
The Levy's are coming!!!!

Sal41 will become famous soon enoughSal41 will become famous soon enough

We had the initial phone call, the researcher was really upbeat but we never heard any more
Old May 1st 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

kancell will become famous soon enoughkancell will become famous soon enough

for anyone that has had contact from BBC, how long did it take them to get back to you with a call or email, from your intial contact.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

We had the same spoke to Helen on phone, asked me to email details, not heard any more.

Karen
Old May 1st 2007, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by kancell
for anyone that has had contact from BBC, how long did it take them to get back to you with a call or email, from your intial contact.
within about 3-7 days i think
Old May 1st 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mandie,

Have you filled out your EOI form, where are you up to?

We are just starting the process.

Regards
Karen
Old May 1st 2007, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

kancell will become famous soon enoughkancell will become famous soon enough

within about 3-7 days i think
ah i see, thanks. i only emailed yesterday morning so will give it a week or two.

i dont hold out much hope as its always families with kids and trade occupations that get featured.

however, ive put it to them that a couple of young professionals like me and girlfriend, with design engineer and teacher jobs would offer a bit more diversity to the programme. also hopefully this would appeal to similar young professionals to consider the move, as the points system does score heavily on young folk with the relevant work and education standards.

fingers crossed, but no doubt drama and ratings come first
Old May 1st 2007, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi Mandie,

Have you filled out your EOI form, where are you up to?

We are just starting the process.

Regards
Karen
We'll be going down the 'work to residency' route, so much quicker once a job offer is secure.
how you going about it?
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:56 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kancell
ive put it to them that a couple of young professionals like me and girlfriend, with design engineer and teacher jobs would offer a bit more diversity to the programme.
We did the same thing. Told them we'd broaden the programme's appeal as I have not found much in common with those featured so far on the Aus programme (although we are a family with kids), but it's obviously not what they wanted. I'm quite good at being emotional though. The family & friends DVD bit from back home would certainly bring out the tissues (for me at least!)

But 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' was my motto when sending the e-mail. I knew it was a long shot, as kiwi is a hubbie and I told them that. Again, thought that was another good 'different' angle, as many come over to the UK to do the big OE, to return to raise families. Not heard a thing though. Bummer.