Walkers Crisps!!

Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:42 am
Just Joined

MarcD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Walkers Crisps!!

Hi All
Bit of a bizarre thread but pls bear with me!!!
We are looking at moving to NZ this Summer/Autumn, but while visiting us in the UK my mother in law has developed a passion for Walkers Crisps!!!
is there anywhere in NZ that stocks Walkers crisps and other ex-pat supplies??
Here in the UK we have a few shops that stock NZ delicacies, just wondered if there was something similar in Aotearoa??

Would welcome any response and also any pointers that will help us when we finally take the plunge later this year.

Cheers for now

Marc D

:-))
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Walkers Crisps!!

Originally Posted by MarcD
Hi All
Bit of a bizarre thread but pls bear with me!!!
We are looking at moving to NZ this Summer/Autumn, but while visiting us in the UK my mother in law has developed a passion for Walkers Crisps!!!
is there anywhere in NZ that stocks Walkers crisps and other ex-pat supplies??
Here in the UK we have a few shops that stock NZ delicacies, just wondered if there was something similar in Aotearoa??

Would welcome any response and also any pointers that will help us when we finally take the plunge later this year.

Cheers for now

Marc D

:-))
Marc, there are plenty of places in NZ that you can get Walkers from! I have managed to find shops that import British foodstuffs in Auckland, here in Welly, Dunedin, Christchurch and Queenstown...and sure there are others dotted around
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Mmmm.. Walkers Crisps. In Auckland - Smith & Caugheys (plus Tetley Tea, Farrah's Toffee, Liqourice All Sorts etc) or Bramptons at Browns Bay - they seel Monster Munch too - Pickled Onion Flavour only mind - not the big spicy red packets. (Though they often have big tins of marrowfat peas - strangely I've never eaten these before but have been tempted to buy them because they're from Blighty). Do they still call Salt & Vinegar, Salt & Lineker?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:09 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by waynepfry
Mmmm.. Walkers Crisps. In Auckland - Smith & Caugheys (plus Tetley Tea, Farrah's Toffee, Liqourice All Sorts etc) or Bramptons at Browns Bay - they seel Monster Munch too - Pickled Onion Flavour only mind - not the big spicy red packets. (Though they often have big tins of marrowfat peas - strangely I've never eaten these before but have been tempted to buy them because they're from Blighty). Do they still call Salt & Vinegar, Salt & Lineker?
hehheeh - cheese and owen!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

MarcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Marc, there are plenty of places in NZ that you can get Walkers from! I have managed to find shops that import British foodstuffs in Auckland, here in Welly, Dunedin, Christchurch and Queenstown...and sure there are others dotted around
Cheers irnbru (made in scotland from girders etc etc!!)
Do you know of any that send via mail order or have a website. I would like to send her some as a surprise!!

Have you been in NZ long?? How are you finding it??

Take it easy
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Marc

we are frrom Reading to and hoping to be in NZ Dec/ Jan all going well.

Where abouts in Reading are you?

We are in Shinfield.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarcD
Cheers irnbru (made in scotland from girders etc etc!!)
Do you know of any that send via mail order or have a website. I would like to send her some as a surprise!!

Have you been in NZ long?? How are you finding it??

Take it easy
Cool Britannia in Welly seem to do mail order if you look at their website here, depends what stock they have in at the time I guess...

Been here since October, loving it so far, though I do still miss home at times and feel like I am leading some kind of weird double life...and I miss M&S and Scottish Football

Where are you guys thinking of moving to out here??