Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Waiting for visa. Really 6 months or any quicker?

Waiting for visa. Really 6 months or any quicker?

Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Waiting for visa. Really 6 months or any quicker?

Originally Posted by lizard
Hi Jude, I used to live in a small village called Whitwell about 4 miles from Worksop. Loved the village and I miss it very much. www.whitwell.com .
We may go back yet, not sure what to do.
I didn't like Worksop myself but your village looks beautiful. I'm sure you do miss it. How long have you been here?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jude J
I didn't like Worksop myself but your village looks beautiful. I'm sure you do miss it. How long have you been here?
I did'nt like Worksop also, horrible place. Been here just over a year. We live in a nice area with great neighbours and have also made lots of friends. Why were your in Worksop? work or pleasure?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lizard
I did'nt like Worksop also, horrible place. Been here just over a year. We live in a nice area with great neighbours and have also made lots of friends. Why were your in Worksop? work or pleasure?

Well I was waiting for you to say it first!
Cut long story short, we lived in Portsmouth but OH worked in the midlands and the north quite a bit so we decided to move up there. He worked from an office in Sheffield but found a house we liked in Worksop, by the golf course, and moved there. Only spent a few hours there whilst house hunting so we didn't really know what it was going to be like.
Lived there exactly a year, made no friends, found out from our neighbours a couple of weeks before we moved out that they thought we were 'snobs' from the south! It probably looked like we were well off, we had a big house and company BMW, but only cos of the difference in house prices from south coast to worksop. We were so miserable but one good thing came out of it...it was whilst living there that we decided to move here!
I worked in Smiths flour mill for a few weeks, in the office, I had no idea what I was doing and no-one wanted to show me, maybe I was unlucky but I have never met such an unfriendly lot of people.
Shame, because the surrounding countryside was lovely.