wages

Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough
Default wages

can anybody tell me if i an earning about $4100 a month how much i will take home after tax? cheers Lee
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice
Default Re: wages

Originally Posted by Leewales
can anybody tell me if i an earning about $4100 a month how much i will take home after tax? cheers Lee
I think this should help

http://www.ird.govt.nz/calculators/t...-tax-rate.html
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:05 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

You should be netting about NZ$725 or so per week.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:49 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
You should be netting about NZ$725 or so per week.
So for a 40 hour week I make that roughly $18 an hour net, is that a good wage?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

Not really - when you factor in all your living costs, if you are supporting any other dependents, and you want to save for your retirement and /or a rainy day.

People do get by on that kind of wage - but you need to ask yourself, do you just get by in the UK now (i.e what is your UK standard of living, is a no frills life with zero savings at the end of the week how you live now?) and do you really want to uproot to the other side of the world away from friends and family to just keep your head above water. If you answer 'yes' to these questions then I'm sure you'll be prepared for your financial situation in NZ but if you have a question mark do a very detailed budget of outgoings versus income (make sure you include pension payments, savings for unexpected trip back to UK, car breaking down etc, make sure you include some unexpected contingency money).

If you search through this board you will find one of the biggest negatives directed at life in NZ is the difficulty to achieve a financially satisfactory standard of living. Take the advice it really is in your best interest.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:27 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
I can't say. It depends on where you are coming from, what your expectations are, where you live and what you want out of life.

That's my waffley answer for the day.

Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:02 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo

It's almost 7 quid an hour (at current exchange rates). New Zealand has...generally...a similar standard of living to the UK.

Only you can say if that's enough.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:12 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Tax rate is 19.5% not sure what the upper limit is before paying higher but think your inside of that.
There is no other compulsory deductions like National Insurance etc.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
Tax rate is 19.5% not sure what the upper limit is before paying higher but think your inside of that.
There is no other compulsory deductions like National Insurance etc.
19.5% on the first 38,000
33% on your earnings from 38,001 to 59,999
39% on anything over 60,000
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:26 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

We make over double what we did in the UK (in same currency), and although we do have a better standard of living here, we find that our savings disappear very quickly here. It is very easy to spend $1000k in a day and not know where it went! Couldn't say that in the UK.

Steven.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: wages

so now i am confuesd can anybody tell me if $27 dollars an hour is poor average or good wages?? cheers Lee
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:14 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Lee. In my opinion, $27/hr is a bloody good wage. Gross it is $27 x 40hrs x 52 weeks = $56k or thereabouts. Not bad at all.

Time served welders and fitters don't get that much. I do recruit in the Industrial area though, where wages are toward the lower end of the scale.

To give you an idea, minimum wage here is $11.25

Hope this helps a little,

Wiz
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:19 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leewales
so now i am confuesd can anybody tell me if $27 dollars an hour is poor average or good wages?? cheers Lee
That is more than the average salary in NZ - so if you live like a NZer, then it should be fine. You will feel the pinch when heading back to the UK for holidays, etc. Also keep the wife away from Trademe

Steve
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:31 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Hey Lee. In my opinion, $27/hr is a bloody good wage. Gross it is $27 x 40hrs x 52 weeks = $56k or thereabouts. Not bad at all.

Time served welders and fitters don't get that much. I do recruit in the Industrial area though, where wages are toward the lower end of the scale.

To give you an idea, minimum wage here is $11.25

Hope this helps a little,

Wiz
I wish I got $27 per hour!

Its a good wage depends on where your going to live as to how far it will go and your lifestyle.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: wages

ok thats sound advice!!! i am a tradesman, but the other thing is for $27 an hour i only have to work 30 and i will get paid for 40 but there is a but..................................... i have to 6am til 4pm fri,sat&sun so would this still equate to good wages? also i would be in the auckland area, wellington way. ok any feed back as always is excellent infocheers lee ps how much can you mortage from the bank verses wages?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.