Wages!!

Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages!!

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Sorry for being nosey I get really confused with all the different ways of doing things and what is and isn't possible on the various visa etc. Can I just ask though, what visa's did you go out on? did you have to have over a certain amount of funds to prove to NZIS you could afford to be there with no jobs already lined up? And did you have to purchase return tickets to show you could leave the country if you needed to? Are the jobs you both have now suitable to get residency with? - I mean over the $45k threshold and permanent and do you or the company you work for, still have to prove it is a job they couldn't recruit a Kiwi for? Is it 2 years you have to work until you can apply for PR? Do you have children - how easy was it to get them a student visa and into suitable schools? And what happens if you don't get PR in 2 years? Sorry all that is being really nosey Would you PM me as it would be great to hear from someone who's done it already, how they did it.
hear hear.

Could do with this info myself.

Still gonna go for it though.

Nici
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:23 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Sorry for being nosey I get really confused with all the different ways of doing things and what is and isn't possible on the various visa etc.
Can get a bit confusing, agreed.

Can I just ask though, what visa's did you go out on?
I went over January 2002 on a one year work permit (not work-to residency mind you). My wife was issued a work permit and my daughter was given a student permit.

...did you have to have over a certain amount of funds to prove to NZIS you could afford to be there with no jobs already lined up?
Nope.
And did you have to purchase return tickets to show you could leave the country if you needed to?
Nope. On my first visa it says and I quote, "Funds waived. Outward passage waived".

Are the jobs you both have now suitable to get residency with? - I mean over the $45k threshold and permanent and do you or the company you work for still have to prove it is a job they couldn't recruit a Kiwi for?
Yes and no. Our combined salaries were over 45k. But we weren't on the work-to-residency scheme so the salary requirement didn't really apply to us. And yes, the company did have to show that no suitable locals could be found for the position.

Is it 2 years you have to work until you can apply for PR?
I believe that is the case if you go the work-to-residency route.

Do you have children - how easy was it to get them a student visa and into suitable schools?
If the children are school age dependents they will be issued a student visa and permit. They will be able to attend any school in New Zealand. However, if they are going to university they would get stuck paying international student fees (ouch!).

And what happens if you don't get PR in 2 years?
You could extend your work permits by reapplying. However, after two years you'd most likely already have enough points to qualify for PR.

Good luck.

Last edited by happynz; Apr 28th 2007 at 2:27 am.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 4:51 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Can get a bit confusing, agreed.

I went over January 2002 on a one year work permit (not work-to residency mind you). My wife was issued a work permit and my daughter was given a student permit.

Nope.

Nope. On my first visa it says and I quote, "Funds waived. Outward passage waived".

Yes and no. Our combined salaries were over 45k. But we weren't on the work-to-residency scheme so the salary requirement didn't really apply to us. And yes, the company did have to show that no suitable locals could be found for the position.

I believe that is the case if you go the work-to-residency route.

If the children are school age dependents they will be issued a student visa and permit. They will be able to attend any school in New Zealand. However, if they are going to university they would get stuck paying international student fees (ouch!).

You could extend your work permits by reapplying. However, after two years you'd most likely already have enough points to qualify for PR.

Good luck.
Thanks for all the info! Can you get an NZ mortgage though on just a work permit that keeps being extended? or do you just have to rent the whole time?
Old Apr 28th 2007, 5:38 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Thanks for all the info! Can you get an NZ mortgage though on just a work permit that keeps being extended? or do you just have to rent the whole time?
I'm sorry. I don't know about securing a mortgage as I still rent. I've never bought a house so I am completely clueless about that topic.