Wages!!

Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Wages!!

Anyone have an idea on what sort of wages to expect as a truck driver (class 5).
We will be going to the Bay of Plenty region so expect it to be lower than in Auckland.

Checked everywhere and found nothing.

Nici
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages!!

Originally Posted by kato33
Anyone have an idea on what sort of wages to expect as a truck driver (class 5).
We will be going to the Bay of Plenty region so expect it to be lower than in Auckland.

Nici
Hi Nici-not a common name for a truck driver but hey...good luck.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Oh No, not me.
The OH is a truckie, I am just his god forsaken woman.

Nici
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by danny.f
Funny man Karma coming your way.......LOL
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:49 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

sorry to say but LOW
Expect $18 to $20 PH on average
Then again the cost of living is less
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cherry
sorry to say but LOW
Expect $18 to $20 PH on average
Then again the cost of living is less
Low compared to .........?

Whats the minimum wage in NZ?

I work in transport admin, do they get alot less?

Help!!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:52 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Help!!!
Check out this link. It gives some ides of earnings per job sector

http://www.emigratenz.org/Work.html

http://www.nz-immigration.co.nz/cost-of-living/

http://www.stats.govt.nz/statistics-...ect-matter.htm

I've found these while trawling through looking for similar info as you. They might be what you want. The last one has loads of links to various goverment stats and does look daunting but the info' in there!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:42 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Nici
Hi. Do you have any interviews lined up? or in touch with a recruitment agent? I only ask cos BOP is where we had our hearts set on but finding work there was disappointing to say the least and OH is a senior site manager (construction) which we thought would be no problem!!! We had some good advice though which we now realise was probably right, you have to find the job first, then the right school if you have kids, and then the house.

Having said that, isn't there a new bridge being built in Tauranga? Lots of road construction and exports. Sorry, can't help with wages, but really hope it all works out for you and you get to live in BOP as its beautiful. Good luck.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:44 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Help!!!
So far as we've been told by too different sources, a good kiwi wage is anything from $35k - $50k. Minimum for immigration is job offer of $45k.
Hope this helps.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sirplug
Check out this link. It gives some ides of earnings per job sector

http://www.emigratenz.org/Work.html

http://www.nz-immigration.co.nz/cost-of-living/

http://www.stats.govt.nz/statistics-...ect-matter.htm

I've found these while trawling through looking for similar info as you. They might be what you want. The last one has loads of links to various goverment stats and does look daunting but the info' in there!
The second site has a wealth of information.

Cheers sirplug.

Did you measure the tent??? lol
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

More likely $16 to 18....can be as low as $14...sorry! I was offered a tanker job in Auckland on $15 so haulage really ranges from $14 to $20 max but most pay $15 or $16...trust me I have rang around loads of companies...and BOP ...not easy to get a job there as a trucker or anything else very sought after area. If you are looking to do WTR then maybe consider somewhere like Hamilton.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Hi. Do you have any interviews lined up? or in touch with a recruitment agent? I only ask cos BOP is where we had our hearts set on but finding work there was disappointing to say the least and OH is a senior site manager (construction) which we thought would be no problem!!! We had some good advice though which we now realise was probably right, you have to find the job first, then the right school if you have kids, and then the house.

Having said that, isn't there a new bridge being built in Tauranga? Lots of road construction and exports. Sorry, can't help with wages, but really hope it all works out for you and you get to live in BOP as its beautiful. Good luck.
We think the opposite to be honest.

Our idea is to love where we live and then find work. As we are taking such a HUGE step it we dont want to be living inner city and want to find just the right place. If work is a plenty as we keep hearing then finding a job should be no problem. The OH has his heart set on Tauranga in BOP. We have looked at properties online and feel like this would make us really happy, so once there we will then find work. I have emialed companies just to test the ground so to speak and it all seems very promising.

Although saying all that, it may not be the way for others.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by phil01
More likely $16 to 18....can be as low as $14...sorry! I was offered a tanker job in Auckland on $15 so haulage really ranges from $14 to $20 max but most pay $15 or $16...trust me I have rang around loads of companies...and BOP ...not easy to get a job there as a trucker or anything else very sought after area. If you are looking to do WTR then maybe consider somewhere like Hamilton.
Thats not even $40000 a year is it?

How can we apply for a visa without an offer of at least $45000.

OMG

Perhaps I am doing the wrong thing.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:01 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Thats not even $40000 a year is it?

How can we apply for a visa without an offer of at least $45000.

OMG

Perhaps I am doing the wrong thing.
Don't panic yet! Most driving jobs will be 60+hrs a week. They don't work to the 48hr week as in the UK. Which should mean mroe than 45000. Do you have any qualifications that could get you a job over there. If you both are working, it should strengthen your case.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:02 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by phil01
That is disgusting for a tanker driver but this is NZ not UK where lorry drivers are on good pay
especialy tanker or gas tank drivers .As a truck mechanic leading hand I get a wage almost and so close to what I got in the UK for day work ,with the lower cost of living I never work a sunday and do fewer saturday mornings also.The min wage here is @$12 I think or around that so for a lorry driver anything near that rate in my book would be a big NO NO .Most truckers I talk to get $18-20 and tanker drivers more.I consider myself lucky to command a high wage here but I did a lot of work to get my skills and courses at the training schools to learn more .
Hi Phil hows it up there .

Last edited by cherry; Apr 20th 2007 at 10:05 am. Reason: forgot to say Hi ti Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.