Voting in the UK

Old May 1st 2010, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Voting in the UK

If I wanted to vote in the election in the UK even though I reside in NZ could I? I know it is probably too late but I just wondered if it was possible.

Cheers
Old May 1st 2010, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Voting in the UK

Originally Posted by nero
If I wanted to vote in the election in the UK even though I reside in NZ could I? I know it is probably too late but I just wondered if it was possible.

Cheers
go to www.direct.gov.uk

If you have voted in the last 15 years and you are abroad (and obviously a brit.citizen!!) you can vote. Just type in 'overseas voter' on the search bar and that will take you to a link where the second choice down will take to to another link where you can register to vote. Sorry have no idea if you have left it too late for this one but if not there's always next time.

Last edited by Genesis; May 1st 2010 at 7:25 am.
Old May 1st 2010, 7:24 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

That link should be www.direct.gov.uk

You either need to already be on the electoral role so a voting card would have shown up at the address you have on the role for you to vote in person, or you need to already have applied for an received a postal voting form - but the deadline for those was yesterday IIRC. Third option is a proxy vote but I think the deadline for that has passed too...
Old May 1st 2010, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi

You either need to already be on the electoral role so a voting card would have shown up at the address you have on the role for you to vote in person, or you need to already have applied for an received a postal voting form - but the deadline for those was yesterday IIRC. Third option is a proxy vote but I think the deadline for that has passed too...
Cheers mate..have altered the details above so it goes directly thru' now. Couldn't work out what I had done wrong...duuuh!
Old May 1st 2010, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi

Cheers both for the link, we should have registered by the 20th of April (oops) oh well we can complete the forms just in case we fancy voting next time.

Thanks once again
Old May 1st 2010, 7:35 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Well you could have voted for the people that embezzled false expenses or you could have voted for the ones who knew it was going on but kept quiet about it........
Old May 1st 2010, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get my form over in time.
I was bullied into even thinking about it by a work mate.
I didn't realise that I could vote until last year...the is the last year that I will be eligible to
It seemed wrong for me to vote in an electorate that I lived in for 6 months 12 years ago...but that's just me.
Old May 1st 2010, 11:54 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
It seemed wrong for me to vote in an electorate that I lived in for 6 months 12 years ago...but that's just me.
I think I would agree - unless you have plans to be part of the population affected by this vote in the near future??
Old May 1st 2010, 8:59 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nero

Cheers
Erm....why??
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

You could have done but you needed to register by 20th April and due to the volcano issues very few postal votes were sent from the UK.

Conspiracy theory anyone????