Reload this Page >

Visitor visa and taking my dog?

Visitor visa and taking my dog?

Old Oct 5th 2011, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Coleyheb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor visa and taking my dog?

Hi there,

I have recently joined the forum and already posted a question about getting residency in NZ.

My recent partner lives in NZ and I am hoping to get residency there via a family visa, hoping to meet 12 month criteria for living together from a mix of visitor visa, then applying for a 12 month partnership visa, then on to a full family residents visa.

I have a dog though, and am set to take the risk and ship him out with me in December, I will enter a few days before he without any visa, (but with a return flight booked for the beginning of June). He will follow a few days after me in Dec.

Can I first ask if I am allowed to take my dog to NZ on a visitor visa and if so are there any additional costs anyone knows about above those that are already mentioned on the forum. I'm looking at approx £4,000 total for him at the moment.

My worst case scenario is that I can extend my stay to up to 12 months as a visitor, but failing being granted any other visa I would have to pay all the costs again to bring him back here Dec 2012.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor visa and taking my dog?

Can't totally remember from our pet export to NZ, but I think your dog's adventure and yours are totally disconnected so it should be OK.

Jan
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:05 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Sister in law brought her dog on a years working visa. That's been extended, and she's chuffed to nuts that the dog's here.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Coleyheb is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update.

I am tavelling just as a visitor and as such I have to pay import duty on the value of my dog (however they value that?) and the cost of freight, at a rate of 15%. Not sure if I can get that back or not if I subsequently get a residents visa.

Thanks for the replies