Reload this Page >

Visiting New Zealand

Visiting New Zealand

Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

The-Icon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting New Zealand

Hi Guys

am looking to go in April next year. i have looked around and it says i wont need a visa? as it stands it is just to visit my half sister who turns 18. but with also a chance to look around as i may want to move there.

looking at flights there seems to be stop offs in Dubai, Australia. which one did you get? would you recommend one over the other?
Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting New Zealand

Originally Posted by The-Icon
Hi Guys

am looking to go in April next year. i have looked around and it says i wont need a visa? as it stands it is just to visit my half sister who turns 18. but with also a chance to look around as i may want to move there.

looking at flights there seems to be stop offs in Dubai, Australia. which one did you get? would you recommend one over the other?
Hi there, if you are in UK and UK citizen you don't need to apply for a visa as such, you are granted a 6 month visitors visa on arrival in NZ. If you are planning to work or stay any longer you'll need some kind of visa.
More details will get you more answers
Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Ok,

well i plan to leave on the 16th, i need to be in NZ by the 23rd. hopefully not that jet lagged etc. i was thinking of trying to get a stop off in Dubai. but am not sure if the stop offs are just a few hours re fuel or like a over night stop.

thats why i dont know its better to book London to Dubai. then leave Dubai to Aukland a few days later

or just London to Aukland

Great to know that i deffo do not need a visa thats made me really happy

April time, what is the weather like? sorry if its just noob questions. very excited and didnt realise how quick its started to come around
Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

there are no flights through to australuia, you have to stop off somewhere else on the way.
Your usual choices are
1) dubai. Never been not heard good things about the airport
2) singapore, very good airport
3 hong kong very good airport.
dont think you have to stop off to get the jet lag thing out of the way, you dont.
a couple of days of feeling tired early evening and your done.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

out of them 3 airports which one would you say is the better one?

and any particular airline you would say over another?
Old Dec 29th 2010, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, have tried Singaporeair via Singapore (!) lovely airport with heaps of shops and the airline was superb. Also travelled with Royal Brunei this year via (yep you guessed right) Brunei. Airport crap, very strict on duty free even if only travelling through and the airline was only ok!! Came over BA to LA (another crap airport) and LA to Auckland with Qantas. BA were good and I'm told Qantas were very good but as I flaked out for 90% of the flight I can't really comment Good luck Bevissa
Old Dec 29th 2010, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Have stopped at Hong Kong when flying with ANZ, lovely airport, clean and plenty of room to sit or lie down.
Kuala Lumpar when with Malaysian airline, also clean but hard to find place for little heads to sleep!
Twice at Seoul with Korean Air - the airline is fine, food interesting, stewardesses very polite, airport clean and big. Stayed once at Airport Hotel due to 7 hour stop over. Just a basic room with 2 beds, sorry don't remember price, easy to Google, it's right in the airport itself so no transfer issues.
Last time we had enforced stopover at Seoul/Incheon due to flight timings, transported to hotel, nice place good food but don't touch the mini bar unless you're rich
Oh yes and first ever trip over was with United Airlines - american- I found them totally unhelpful. Perhaps my memories are clouded due to the engine failure on the outward flight..........
I just book the cheapest flight I can, it's just a way to get somewhere after all. Save your pennies for being in NZ. Have fun x
Old Dec 29th 2010, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Rolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Bevissa - Singapore Airlines are great to fly with, and having gone to NZ and back about a dozen times, via different routes, would say that Singapore's Changi airport is the best of the lot. Very relaxing, and loads of shops to while away the hours. I'd avoid going via Los Angeles if at all possible, just my opinion though.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh, why thank you alot of people are now also saying Singapore too.

just out of interest what is a good price to pay for a flight?
Old Dec 29th 2010, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

My first place to find a cheap price is www.kayak.co.uk.
John.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with everyone Singapore is a good airport and we have flown with Singapore Airlines 4 times. If you have time between flights the Ambassador Transit Hotel is good where you can have a sleep between flights and a shower etc. The reason we are not using them this time is because for some reason they are coming down at Munich which adds an hour to the flight time from Manchester. This time we have opted for Qantas and after looking at various reviews they sound very good as someone else has said.

The only worrying thing is we have to go via Heathrow so lets hops there is no snow on the 21st Jan.

http://www.harilelahospitality.com/

Have a good trip.

June
Old Dec 30th 2010, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I've used Dial-a-flight several times www.DialAFlight.com
Old Dec 30th 2010, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

i seem to be hitting between 900 and 1180. for a return flight. is that ok?
Old Dec 30th 2010, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

i seem to be hitting between 900 and 1180. for a return flight. is that ok?
There's no set price mate, it's what you can get when you can get it!! If it looks like a decent flight plan, suits your dates and your wallet can cope then just do it Exciting ai?
Old Dec 30th 2010, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Yes very, am more excited to see the look on my sisters face when i just turn up at her party

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.