Reload this Page >

Very new to this...

Very new to this...

Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

lisamumof4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Very new to this...

Hi everyone,
I'm Lisa, married with 4 children. My hubby and I are contemplating a new life in New Zealand. It's something we know nothing about yet other than we want a better life for our children - eldest is almost 9. We are just looking at the whole process right now. My hubby is in the police and is aware that NZ police will take british police. I'm a health visitor and not sure if such a role exists in NZ. However I'm also a nurse and a qualified (though currently unregistered midwife). Would appreciate any advice/info at all please....
Lisa
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:37 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very new to this...

Originally Posted by lisamumof4
Hi everyone,
I'm Lisa, married with 4 children. My hubby and I are contemplating a new life in New Zealand. It's something we know nothing about yet other than we want a better life for our children - eldest is almost 9. We are just looking at the whole process right now. My hubby is in the police and is aware that NZ police will take british police. I'm a health visitor and not sure if such a role exists in NZ. However I'm also a nurse and a qualified (though currently unregistered midwife). Would appreciate any advice/info at all please....
Lisa
Welcome to the forum Lisa You should find lots of helpful info on previous threads / posts by using the search facility, as well as help from friendly members who have 'been there' who will respond to threads that you post on the main forum.....good luck with your plans & happy posting
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:43 pm

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Very new to this...

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum

You've come to the right place for help with your contemplating, between all the members here we have a pretty wide knowledge and experience base so don't be shy about asking any questions.

With regards to health visitors, the only experience with one that I had in the UK was when I was pregnant and had young children (do they also work in other areas, sorry I'm so ignorant!). In NZ instead of this they have Plunket Nurses. Here's a link to their webpage for you to have a look at: http://www.plunket.org.nz/about-us/c...plunket-nurse/

And yes, there seems to be plenty of UK police officers across the county!

See you around the forum