Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

VC Interview next week....

Wikiposts

VC Interview next week....

Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough
Default VC Interview next week....

I've managed to get a VC Interview lined up - yay! First problem is to find somewhere to hold the interview, so I've asked a few local hotels / conference centres for quotes & availability. How much should I expect to pay for an hour of VC usage do you think? It MUST be cheaper than a flight to NZ ...

My main question though, can anyone please tell me if NZ interviews are structured any differently to UK Interviews? I have been contracting for 9 years and have had a lot of interviews, so I am confident about my technique in general. I've been advised by the agent that it will be a formal, structured interview, and wondered if anyone could give me feedback on what to expect?

All comments welcome!

Thanks,
Jane
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: VC Interview next week....

Originally Posted by JaneAS
I've managed to get a VC Interview lined up - yay! First problem is to find somewhere to hold the interview, so I've asked a few local hotels / conference centres for quotes & availability. How much should I expect to pay for an hour of VC usage do you think? It MUST be cheaper than a flight to NZ ...

My main question though, can anyone please tell me if NZ interviews are structured any differently to UK Interviews? I have been contracting for 9 years and have had a lot of interviews, so I am confident about my technique in general. I've been advised by the agent that it will be a formal, structured interview, and wondered if anyone could give me feedback on what to expect?

All comments welcome!

Thanks,
Jane
Hi Jane

Well done on getting your interview. I work at a university and was able to use their facilities for video-conferencing, but the interviewing company paid. They made the video phone call which lasted 1.25 hours, and paid about £150 for the use of my employer's VC room. Aren't the company going to pay your expenses?

My interview was with a government department and they were very straight with an HR person present. There were a lot of scenario type questions asking you to think about situations where you'd faced certain types of problems and how you'd dealt with it.

I hope it goes well.
Alison