Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

valid job offers ?????tell me

valid job offers ?????tell me

Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

roshandden is an unknown quantity at this point
Question valid job offers ?????tell me

I am going through the motions of migrating and our application has now got to the hoping to be 'invited to apply' for residence stage. I have read that if I have a job offer then i get extra 50 points and this then gets us PR (permanent residence) The NZ officials will obviously need a recognised employer to state that i will be gainfully employed on arrival in NZ. How does this work? Knowing very little about the company i am being employed by and the same in the employers eyes of me? What if the company can no longer employ me after I arrive, for arguments sake and I get another job opportunity or ?Would it matter?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: valid job offers ?????tell me

Originally Posted by roshandden
I am going through the motions of migrating and our application has now got to the hoping to be 'invited to apply' for residence stage. I have read that if I have a job offer then i get extra 50 points and this then gets us PR (permanent residence) The NZ officials will obviously need a recognised employer to state that i will be gainfully employed on arrival in NZ. How does this work? Knowing very little about the company i am being employed by and the same in the employers eyes of me? What if the company can no longer employ me after I arrive, for arguments sake and I get another job opportunity or ?Would it matter?
Hi there, sorry dont think I can answer your question but we are in the same situation only really looking for a job offer to a) speed things up and b) so we have added security upon arrival. I would have thought you would have a contract with your employer so they must have to agree some kind of settling period, so just check what they put in.
Chris
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:54 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I am going through the motions of migrating and our application has now got to the hoping to be 'invited to apply' for residence stage. I have read that if I have a job offer then i get extra 50 points and this then gets us PR (permanent residence).
Be careful. The job has to be considered skilled. Not any ol' job will do.
The NZ officials will obviously need a recognised employer to state that i will be gainfully employed on arrival in NZ. How does this work?
I would think that the company has to be a registered tax-paying company in New Zealand.
Knowing very little about the company i am being employed by and the same in the employers eyes of me? What if the company can no longer employ me after I arrive, for arguments sake and I get another job opportunity or would it matter?
That depends. If you have permanent residency with no conditions you would be free to fish, cut bait or go for a wander off the pier. Up to you. However, if you are here on a work permit you will need to stick with the employer that sponsored your application. If you decide to switch jobs you would need to re-apply for another work permit with all the same requirements in place.

Good luck.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Your job offer needs to match your gasfitting qualifications. In other words be in gasfitting.
You also need your PGDB prelim. assessment of your UK gasfitting quals.
Plus you and your NZ employer would need to apply for the PGDB limited licence & show this to NZIS.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Knightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really nice

If things change once you are given residence, then you would need to get another job offer. Sometimes, in most cases actually, you would need to stay with your employer who had given you a job offer, for at least 3 months. If you are given a WTR then you would need stay with the employer for the 2 yr period. If in the meantime you would want to change you would need to get a job offer from a company which can prove that it did not find any Kiwi to do the job.

Bevs is right. for the skilled migrant scheme, you would need to have a job offer which immigration considers as skilled and be qualified and/or experienced for the job. Should your job requires so, you would need to apply and register with the appropriate body.

"The NZ officials will obviously need a recognised employer to state that i will be gainfully employed on arrival in NZ. How does this work?"
The employer would need to give you a written job offer and contract and fill in an application that they have not been able to find kiwis for the job.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your help with this, it is much appreciated,

Just bringing you up to date we have now received our ITA (invitation to apply) and yes ..... pretty much half a tree!!!
Doesn't look too bad at the moment, the only really daunting thing is the fact that we only have 4 months in which to get all forms etc in.

Our passports will run out in 2 months so they have to be renewed.
This alone is going to be about a week set-back.

Then i have to get copies (verified by a justice of the peace or lawyer or?)of everything necessary on the PDGB forms for the limited license application...

this is all going to take time and fingers crossed 4 months to get all done and the expense of it all ....

I will keep posting info on here so all can see in case it may be helpful to someone in return for your help... thanks gang
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your help with this, it is much appreciated,

Just bringing you up to date we have now received our ITA (invitation to apply) and yes ..... pretty much half a tree!!!
Doesn't look too bad at the moment, the only really daunting thing is the fact that we only have 4 months in which to get all forms etc in.

Our passports will run out in 2 months so they have to be renewed.
This alone is going to be about a week set-back.

Then i have to get copies (verified by a justice of the peace or lawyer or?)of everything necessary on the PDGB forms for the limited license application...

this is all going to take time and fingers crossed 4 months to get all done and the expense of it all ....

I will keep posting info on here so all can see in case it may be helpful to someone in return for your help... thanks gang
Well done you on getting your ITA how long did you have to wait from EOI being selected? 4 months seems like ages in some respects but when you know you have a time limit it will probably fly by.
Good luck with it all

Chris
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Chris we are very nervous about all this , we will keep you up-dated with progress

Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:06 pm
`

Um. The above statement is a bit skewed. In other words, not correct.
What is your employer telling you ?

Do you mind if I unravel it a bit . Please come back to me ,if you do not understand .

As you are a gasfitter , there are two separate things you need to do with the PGDB to satisfy NZIS - New Zealand Immigration Service.

1 - As you have a job offer, you and your employer must apply for a PGDB Limited Licence. You do not need anything for this, other than to fill in and sign the form which you will then send back to your NZ employer. They have to sign it and state who will be overseeing your work.
Once both of you have signed this, have the NZ employer send it off to the PGDB and they will issue a first time Limited Licence with a PGDB licence number.
You can download a copy of the form HERE
It is the non-apprentice limited licence.

2 - To ensure the points you have claimed for gasfitting are allowed , you need to supply the PGDB preliminary assessment outcome. This is not the same at all as applying for a Limited Licence. It is entirely different & really you should already have done this assessment to make sure the PGDB accepts your gasfitting standard.

It is for this preliminary assessment that you need to send certified copies of your gasfitting qualifications, your apprenticeship/training and evidence of your work experience. NOT for the Limited Licence. It is for the PGDB PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT.

Take your original gasfitting qualifications, CORGI card, apprenticeship papers, proof of training etc. to a Notary or a solicitor and have them certifiy copies of the papers .

You need to download IMMIGRATION QUALFICIATION ASSESSMENT [click the blue link] from the PGDB website and fill it in. You send it with the fee and the necessary paperwork to the PGDB and wait for the outcome.

NZIS will want to see both the outcome of the PGDB prelim assessment AND the PGDB limited licence. They will want to see both !

Now then Roshandden, perhaps you can help me and Mildred1, who is a gasfitter like yourself, with something please. How did you obtain your gasfitting job please? If you like you can PM me. This would be of some good help to Mildred1 on this site who has been having a terrible time of it.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alchris
Well done you on getting your ITA how long did you have to wait from EOI being selected? 4 months seems like ages in some respects but when you know you have a time limit it will probably fly by.
Good luck with it all

Chris
Sorry chris but i missed your question ...
'how long was it from EOI being selected to being invited to apply for residence?'
in answer to that it was only about 4 weeks to being invited and receiving the application forms.
It has all moved pretty quickly for us, we now have only 4 months to get all paperwork done / replied to / copied / verified / and also medical checks / paperwork sorted / and police certs. done and all of this sent back with the invitation. Wow how busy are we???
Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:22 am
`

Hi Roshandden

Did you read my post please .

This statement that you made

Originally Posted by roshandden View Post

is not correct.

I will ask again in case you missed the post.
Do you have your PGDB prelim assessment yet?

Also , can you let me know how you got your gasfitting job offer. As I said, it could be of enormous help to another gasfitter who is at the end of their tether.

I am also sending a PM
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Bev, please re-check this thread as I haven't mentioned that i had a job offer.
I would like to clarify , i have not got a job offer and have not said as such.

I am gathering advice on how to approach the immigration authorities.

The information i have received has been a great help, it has also led me into other threads/ discussions and we are now in two minds whether NZ is the correct choice for us as we are a young family.

We have to decide rapidly before paying any more money into the NZ application.

This has only arrised due to reading other peoples posts on here....now we cannot decide what to do! Where is going to be the most sensible choice as this is not a walk in the park for us.
We have to consider our 10 yr old son's education for one...
Job opportunities are another....
Do kiwi's really want us there? another...leading to the question is my worklife going to be as enjoyable as we had hoped?

I am afraid I'm switching my overloaded brain into pub mode to have a serious chat about all of this with my wife.
bye for now...Dennis and Rochelle